Hiring Location: St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church - Frisco - Parish
Address: 8000 Eldorado Parkway, Frisco, TX 75033 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 - 5:00 PM
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
General Summary of the Position
St. Francis of Assisi Parish is looking for a creative, and passionate individual for an assistant level position who will support the Communications Director in their mission to deliver superior parish-wide communications. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, innovative, and able to perform key tasks independently in a timely manner. This person should be a self-starter that enjoys working in a team environment and is excited to join a growing Catholic community with a vibrant culture and innovative community. This role will require a firm understanding of our church’s vision and values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Manage the content creation in both English and Spanish for parish-wide publications including the Bulletin, Social Media, Website, Newsletter and Digital Displays.
• Responsible for editing and drafting weekly Bulletin, Social Media, and Newsletter.
• Responsible for ministry requests that pertain to communications and promotions of a ministry event including announcement submission, Newsletter, Social Media and Parish Newsletter
• Collaborate with Parish Clergy, Staff, and Ministry Leaders to create compelling content and effective marketing plans.
• Assists in managing official social media accounts.
• Manage the overall structure and content of the website while keeping up with current website best practice trends.
• Act as brand manager, responsible for safeguarding how the St. Francis of Assisi brand is portrayed in all communication including (but not limited to) print, email, social media, web, etc.,
• In collaboration with the Director of Communications, cultivate a consistent tone and style of communication across all media and ensuring all content is technically effective, grammatically correct, doctrinally accurate, and within the church’s vision and brand guidelines
• Assist in video projects, including script writing, and pre-production planning
• Design promotional materials for parish – wide publications
• Communicate with ministries to ensure all content is being communicated accurately and effectively
• Manage and organize all digital assets within database
• Coach staff and ministry leaders in effective Parish communications
• Assist in communication efforts for the annual Fall Festival
• In collaboration with Communications Director, support the executive of the annual marketing communications plan and monthly messaging calendar
• Oversee and maintain photography and videography volunteers to ensure sufficient quality photo/video at all key parish events (e.g. Fall Festival, Easter Vigil etc.)
• In collaboration with Pastor, Senior Director of Operations and Communications Director support and execute communication activities around annual fundraising/stewardship and any future capital campaigns
• Must be able to track expenses and budgets as well as manage all vendor contracts and ensure deliverables are met on time and within budget.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must possess a servant-leadership mindset.
• Must maintain a positive, upbeat, self-starting, solutions-centered, can-do attitude.
• Must be adept at problem solving.
• Must understand the importance of the parishioners and the community served by St. Francis of Assisi.
• Must be able to thrive with minimal supervision.
• Must possess the ability to easily interact and relate with a wide assortment of personality types.
• Must have the ability to listen carefully and take direction well.
• Ability to manage time and prioritize accordingly.
• Must be a Catholic in good standing.
• Advanced MS Office experience, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel; Apple (iOS) platform experience beneficial.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with proven proficiency in copywriting.
• Working experience with Photography and Videography.
• Experience in print production.
• Experience maintaining brand guidelines and standards.
• Must possess attention to detail and design, proven through portfolio work.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
• Experience in managing teams or freelancers is a plus.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors in Marketing, Communication, Graphic Design, or related field, or comparable experience.
• Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
• Frequent evenings and weekends.
Name and Title: Communications Director
How to submit resume: Email