Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Parish Business Manager
Hiring Location: Holy Family of Nazareth Catholic Church - Parish
Address: 2330 Cheyenne Street, Irving, TX 75062 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday-Friday
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: No
POSITION PURPOSE: The Parish Business Manager is a leadership role in support of the pastor's responsibilities to the parish. This position has the overall fiduciary responsibility for the management of the Parish business office. The Parish Business Manager as the head of operations works with the clergy, staff, and volunteers to see that the temporal gifts of the parishioners are prudently used to carry out the mission of Holy Family of Nazareth Parish (HFN).
General Operations Management
• Maintain positive relationships and effective communication between parish community, various groups and outside authorities
• Consult with and advise pastor on business and administrative matters that affect the parish
• Responsible for reviewing and determining contract labor status
• Solicit and review bids and quotes and negotiate contracts
• Represent the parish at certain Diocesan, Regional, and National meetings
• Assist the Pastor in the stewardship of all parish resources in collaboration with the Parish Finance Council and the Parish Pastoral Council.
• Represent the parish with all Diocesan staff in the Primary Areas of responsibility
• Supervise any major construction, improvement or repair
• Ensure the technology needs of the parish are met
• Direct and supervise all office staff, including maintenance and safe environment staff.
• Coordinate the process of performance appraisals on at least an annual basis for all parish personnel in collaboration with the Pastor.
• In collaboration with the pastor, establish and implement personnel policies
• Establish and conduct employee training for all staff
• Process new hire / termination paperwork
• Responsible for handling risk management issues and working with the Director of Safe Environment.
Finance & Accounting
• Ensure the financial records of the parish are kept in proper order and all appropriate reporting takes place in a timely manner
• Direct the preparation of the Annual Budget
• Oversee the Annual Audit
• Ensure financial accountability and stewardship policies and procedures are implemented and maintained.
• Provide support and direction to the Stewardship Committee for the annual stewardship drive and other development activities and programs
• Functions as a resource and supporting team member for all Parish activities and events
• Provide leadership in the relationship with the Parish and the Holy Family Academy
• Attends major parish committees/council meetings (Pastoral Council, Finance Council, School Advisory Council, Building, and other meetings as appropriate or needed)
• Execute other duties as assigned by the pastor
• Active member of the Catholic Church
• Strong knowledge and understanding of the teachings and mission of the Catholic Church
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or related field
• 5 years+ previous experience managing similar responsibilities and employees
• Solid business operational experience
• Experience in general accounting processes.
• Experience with, and a working knowledge of, the budget process including the ability to assist other staff members in this area.
• Demonstrated skills and abilities as a servant leader
• Must be able to work and relate well with other staff and parishioners
• The ability to trust and delegate appropriate responsibilities to other staff
• Must understand the importance of the parishioners and the community served by Holy Family of Nazareth Parish.
• Must possess the ability to easily interact and relate with a wide assortment of personality types.
• Experience in Microsoft Office, Excel, and QuickBooks software.
• Direct Catholic Church management experience
• Church management certification and/or CPA with non-profit accounting experience
• Grant writing success
This position will mostly take place during regular parish center hours but may require some additional evening/ weekend during busy periods.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by team members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Submit resume to Carol Barber (parish secretary) by email attachment: email@example.com.
(Include a cover letter and salary expectations).
This Parish has both a church (http://www.holyfamilychurch.net ) and a school
(https://hfca-irving.org). You are welcome to look at both websites.
Name and Title: Carol Barber, Parish Secretary
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes