Job Opportunity Details
Hiring Location: Catholic Pro-Life Community - Non-Diocesan Organizations
Address: 14675 Midway Rd. Suite 121, Addison, TX 75001 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: 10-20 hours a week
Weekends/OT Required: Rarely
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
The position of the sidewalk counselor exists primarily to carry out the Mission of the Catholic
Pro-Life Community (CPLC). All employees of the CPLC are to exercise faithful stewardship of
the time, talent, and resources at their disposal and those of their co-workers in achieving the
results that will be most worthy of the prayers, sacrifices, and generosity of our supporters.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The sidewalk counselor position varies from 10 - 20 hours per week. Sidewalk counselors
provide one-on-one counseling intervention and prayer support at the very places where babies
die daily. Sidewalk counselors and their prayer partners are truly on the front lines of the battle
for life and engage in the most urgent opportunity we have to help a mother and save her child.
The person in this position reports to the Director of Convert-to-Life Ministry.
• Offer practical and compassionate alternatives to clients entering abortion facilities using
the Msgr. Philip Reilly method
• Observe the rules/protocols/legalities required in sidewalk counseling
• Assist in maintaining a positive relationship with pregnancy resource centers and pro-life
• Fulfill counseling duties as called for in the weekly site schedule (If you are running late
you must contact the director and whoever you are scheduled with.)
• Collect and tabulate information from daily street sheets. (Enter names and arrival and
departure times of all sidewalk counselors)
• Monitor ministry literature supply at abortion sites and inform Director when restocking
• Assist the Director at sidewalk counseling trainings and quarterly SWC
• Must wear CPLC shirts , when sidewalk counseling.
• Follow all budgetary and policy procedures as established by the CPLC.
• Acceptance of the magisterial teachings of the Catholic Church with detailed
understanding of the teachings on all the life issues
• Ability and desire to support the mission of the Catholic Pro-Life Community
• Active membership in a faith community in good standing with the Church
• Compassionate and patient demeanor
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work cooperatively with team members
• Reliable transportation
• E-mail and Internet access
• Ability to speak Spanish a plus
Understanding of and compliance with the Diocesan Safe Environment Program. The above
statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed
by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees/representatives of the Catholic Pro-Life Community may, from time to time, be required to perform duties outside of their normal
responsibilities as needs arise.
Name and Title: Patricia Vasquez, Human Resource Director
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes