Job Opportunity Details
Hiring Location: Jesuit College Preparatory School of Dallas - Catholic School
Address: 12345 Inwood Road, Dallas, TX 75287 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: No
Reporting to the Director of Fundraising Events, the Event Coordinator works in conjunction with the entire advancement staff to produce well organized and strongly attended events for various segments of the Jesuit Dallas community. The Event Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and planning all aspects of events and ensuring that the event runs smoothly.
• Coordinate with advancement team members and/or School administration to determine event needs.
• Work with advancement staff and/or School administration to create invite lists, send invitations, and maintain RSVP lists.
• Manage and maintain budgets for all non-fundraising events.
• Work with external vendors, including but not limited to catering companies, venues, rentals, and talent.
• Plan and execute Jesuit Dallas hosted events, including but not limited to layout, set up, seating, and décor.
• Attend and manage events, overseeing program timelines and service.
• Compile timely recap and statistics for each event.
• Coordinate special projects and other duties as assigned by the Director of Fundraising Events and School administration.
• High school diploma required; bachelor’s or advanced degree from an accredited university is preferred.
• Professional experience leading, planning, and coordinating events.
• Commitment to excellence and the ability to work effectively with many different constituencies.
• Demonstrates integrity, drive, vision, and comprehensive communication skills.
• Experience in volunteer leadership roles with an ability to effectively oversee a volunteer workforce.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, functions, and activities.
• Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule, including event activity during nights and weekends.
• Working knowledge of basic business software, including word processing, spreadsheet, and accounting systems.
• Familiarity with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge, auction bidding platforms, and Square software is a plus.
• Successful candidate must be a detailed-oriented and highly motivated self-starter.
• The ability to multi-task as well as work in a dynamic and sometimes stressful environment is essential.
• Generally works in standard office conditions and climate.
• May work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time.
• Physical demands include moving reams of paper and supplies, coolers with food and beverage, and other light office management and organization needs.
Name and Title: Pat Sayers, Director of Fundraising Events
Phone: 972-387-8700 x418
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes