Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Director of Youth Ministry
Hiring Location: Our Lady of the Lake Parish - Parish
Address: 1305 Damascus Rd., Rockwall, TX 75087 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Week days, with some evening and weekend hours
Weekends/OT Required: Often
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Yes
Our Lady of the Lake Catholic Church, located in Rockwall, Texas, is a family-oriented community of faith that wants to help its young people develop a meaningful relationship with Jesus and a welcoming experience of the Church. We are seeking a mission-oriented, faithful Catholic who can bring excitement to the Youth Ministry program. This individual will oversee and lead our high school youth group and Confirmation preparation for youth in grades 7-12. The ideal candidate for this position will be bilingual (English and Spanish), able to employ new, creative, and engaging methods of ministry, and capable of maintaining smooth administrative processes behind the scenes. The Director of Youth Ministry at Our Lady of the Lake needs to be well-adjusted, mature, physically able to perform the demands of Youth Ministry, be available to work weekends, and adept at balancing personal and ministerial life. The ideal candidate should be a bridge builder who can communicate effectively with parents, bring a positive attitude and work ethic to volunteers, and reach out to young people who are seeking meaning and purpose to their lives.
• Bachelor’s degree (preferably in theology, catechetics, youth ministry or related field) or a minimum of two years’ experience in ministry.
• Fluent in English and in Spanish
• Able to keep a flexible work schedule comprised of day, evening, and weekend hours.
• Strong leadership qualities, passionate about youth ministry.
• Effective communicator. Excellent oral and written communication skills,
• computer skills (Microsoft Office and Data Bases),
• Able to work in an office space shared with other faith formation directors.
• Possess a strong understanding and ability to articulate Catholic Teaching and catechetical method.
• Capable of learning specific computer programs, keeping up to date on social media networking.
• Effective time manager and excels at prioritizing responsibilities.
• Embrace unique physical demands of the job: Mobility around campus, mobility during youth activities (service trips, retreats, conferences), lifting and moving supplies for class sessions and events, participate in games and activities, ability to travel long distances in a vehicle, and to sleep in less comfortable “retreat accommodations”.
• Be an active member of the parish, and role model for teens and families, by attending Mass and participating in the sacraments on a regular basis at Our Lady of the Lake.
Name and Title: Fr. Seán Martin, pastor
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes