Hiring Location: Catholic Charities of Dallas - Catholic Charities
Address: 9461 LBJ Freeway (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Yes
JOB SUMMARY Provides direct case management services for refugees with serious mental health issues. Services include pre-arrival planning, orientation to MHMR system, enrollment with Social Security, and referral to supportive services including therapy and intensive counseling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (85%)
• Provides direct case management services to clients, including needs assessment, service planning, provision of information and referral services and follow-up with clients.
• Conducts client intake and assessment; generates service plans; work with clients to ensure short-term goals are met; participates in case conferences.
• Assists clients with enrollment in social services, preparation for employment, job applications, job placement and retention.
• Transports or arranges transport for clients to appointments with medical and social service providers, job interviews and orientation.
• Provides other core services, updates, and maintain client case files.
OTHER DUTIES: (15%)
• Adherence to applicable professional and agency Codes of Ethics.
• Adheres to federal case and program documentation requirements as outlined in the Cooperative Agreement and Match Grant Guidelines, and COA standards.
• Provides interpretation and translation as needed.
• Enforces policies and procedures for delivery of direct services to clients.
• Completes documentation to meet standards, grant and donor reporting requirements.
• Submits reports as required and in a timely manner.
• Interacts with clients in a professional manner, making sure that appointments are honored or rescheduled if needed.
• Supports the Mission, Values, and Vision of Catholic Charities.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
• Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field with three to five years case management experience.
• Previous social work or case management experience is desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Bilingual in a language reflected in the current client population.
• Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and interpersonal.
• Computer literate and experience with MS Office suite of products
• Capable of performing tasks with limited supervision.
• Efficient time management skills.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: (background check, driving record, language, physical)
Background Check: This position requires a criminal background check
Driving Record: clear driving record required
Health: annual TB screen required, other public health screenings as required
Language requirements: bilingual in current client population language
Name and Title: Brenda Huffman
How to submit resume: Mail, Drop-off at location, Email