Hiring Location: Bishop Lynch High School - Catholic School
Address: 9750 Ferguson Road, Dallas, TX 75228 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Wednesday-Sunday 12 pm - 8:30 pm
Weekends/OT Required: Often
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: No
The Athletic Maintenance Worker will maintain school grounds using hand tools, power tools or equipment. Work typically consists of a variety of tasks examples include any combination of the following: sod laying, mowing, trimming, planting, watering, fertilizing, digging, raking, sprinkler installation and repair, sweeping of parking lots and sidewalks. Maintaining school Synthetic Turf playing fields, field marking, sports field layout knowledge, General Maintenance and cleaning of Athletic Facilities including: locker rooms, restrooms, weight rooms, wrestling mat and equipment rooms etc.. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but management may identify other responsibilities of the position.
• Mows lawns and trims grass around walks, flower beds and walls.
• Prunes shrubs and trees.
• Lays out and tends flower beds or other decorative vegetation.
• Maintains and sharpens tools and makes minor repairs on equipment, as needed.
• Plants, fertilizes, waters and uses herbicides and insecticides to maintain grass, flowers, trees and shrubs.
• Removes snow and ice from walks and driveways.
• Spreads salt, picks up litter, rakes, bags and burns of leaves.
• Maintains driveways and parking lots.
• Repairs fences, gates, walls, irrigation system, walks and outbuildings using carpentry, masonry and painting tools.
• Performs routine cleaning and maintenance on gardening and grounds equipment.
• May operate trucks and assorted power equipment, such as mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, snow blowers, chain saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, and pruning saws.
• General Maintenance and cleaning of Athletic facilities including but not limited to: Weight rooms, restrooms, locker rooms, Wrestling room, etc..
• Assist in maintenance needs for athletic events as needed.
• Synthetic Turf maintenance; Sweep/rake turf as needed.
• Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
• Complies with all School/ Diocese safety and risk management policies and procedures.
• Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
• Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
• Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Set up and tear down of school events as needed.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Adapts procedures, processes, tools equipment and techniques to accomplish the requirements of the position.
• Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
• Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, school administration and faculty.
• Must have basic phone and computer skills (email, texting, etc.).
• Good attention to detail.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Adequate/reasonable oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well alone and in a team.
• Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication devices.
• Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
• Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
• Appropriate maturity of judgment and behavior.
• Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
• Must be punctual and show up for scheduled shift on time.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule.
• Must comply with any dress code / uniform requirements.
• Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
• Significant walking or other means of mobility.
• Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
• Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
• Work is performed in an outdoor setting.
• Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to heat/cold.
• Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
• High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience preferred.
• 1+ years related work experience.
Name and Title: McKay Braithwaite, Director of Facilities
How to submit resume: Email