Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Executive Administrative Assistant
Hiring Location: Pastoral Center- Vicar General's Office - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St., Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am- 5:00 pm
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Yes
The Executive Administrative Assistant will provide advanced administrative, clerical, and technical support to the Vicar General by coordinating and managing various complex projects, records, activities and programs within the department. This position will also handle scheduling and preparing of materials for meetings. Decisions will be made independently (within the scope of the job) and contains frequent new and varied work situations. Duties will involve confidential and sensitive matters necessitating discretion.
Practicing Catholic in good standing required
Bilingual (English and Spanish) required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Provides high-level of administrative support to the Vicar General/Moderator of the Curia.
• Manages daily operations of the office including but not limited to accurate record/file administration, providing software/technology support and other related office matters.
• Handles all aspects of the department financials to include check requests, deposits, financial reconciliations, and expense reimbursements. Assists in the budgeting process as well as maintains the accounting of expenses and revenue within the department. Oversees and monitors the use of the department credit card.
• Screens and routes phone calls, greets visitors, answers questions, responds to general inquiries/complaints and resolves problems within the scope of authority and responsibility.
• Coordinates appointments, meetings, workshops, conferences, speaking engagements and travel arrangements for the department
• Manages assigned projects by developing detailed schedules/work plans, predicting resources needed, and monitoring ongoing progress to ensure deadlines are met.
• Handles correspondence, announcements and notifications to the Clergy.
• Designs and maintains the Clergy webpages, Clergy newsletter and Clergy calendar.
• Maintains Clergy database while ensuring accurate and complete information.
• Collaborates, networks and builds professional relationships with other departments, the parishes and other organizations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be able to work within established guidelines of authority
• Must be able to make decisions quickly within area of expertise
• Extensive experience in a professional office environment
• Ability to plan, coordinate, prioritize tasks, and implement programs/events
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
• Proven ability to organize files, events, and materials in a successful manner
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish
• Proficient in the use of office equipment: computers, copy/scanner/fax machines etc.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal and analytic skills
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook, Publisher, Adobe Acrobat, Visio and ability to learn new software as needed
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all matters
Education and Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Experience in seeing projects through the full life cycle
• Minimum of 10 years’ administrative experience required
• Minimum of 5 years’ working in a Catholic environment or a non-profit organization preferred
• Must be available to work 8AM to 5PM five days a week with overtime as needed; work hours may vary at times
• Practicing Catholic in good standing with thorough knowledge and understanding of Catholic teachings
• Must be able to read, write and speak Spanish fluently
• Texas Notary Public License preferred
Physical Requirements Specific to the Job:
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of the position may be changed at the sole discretion of the Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center.
The Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center reserves the right to modify this job description without notice to the employee. This job description is not a contract and does not alter the employee’s at-will employment status.
Name and Title: Lana Kauffman, Recruitment
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes