Hiring Location: Pastoral Center - Business Office - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St., Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Weekends/OT Required: Rarely
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: No
In accordance with established policies and procedures, the Manager of Shared Accounting Services will oversee the professional accounting and financial services provided for multiple participating diocesan entities participating in the program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Prepares the SAS department annual budget and monitors actual monthly performance. Advises CFO of significant variances.
• Establishes standard procedures and best practices for the most effective and efficient SAS team execution of accounting services for diocesan program participants in accordance with diocesan policy and standards specified by the diocesan Business Office.
• Hires, trains, develops, supervises, and reviews the day to day activities and performance of SAS team members and their work product without micro managing.
• Manages scheduling of client work to be performed and team assignments, always assessing individual workload versus need for staffing growth.
• Serves as back-up support to assist SAS team members in servicing the program participants when they are out or unavailable.
• Ensures internal controls are followed and evaluates effectiveness of same.
• Maintains ongoing relationships with parishes, schools, and other diocesan entities participating in the program, regularly seeking feedback to ensure program effectiveness.
• Promotes the SAS program for future growth and development.
• Assists and/or trains parish and school administrators and staff with/on financial matters, such as, accounting software, processes, budgets, and other accounting issues as needed.
• Ensures all diocesan related policies and procedures are being followed.
• Facilitates regular SAS team meetings and participates in Business Office staff meetings and Parish Business Managers meetings as called.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Values, upholds, and supports the mission, goals, and objectives of the Church; works with integrity; demonstrates sound moral and ethical principles at work.
• Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), not-for-profit accounting, and internal controls.
• Working knowledge of all Federal and State accounting regulations to which the participating entities must adhere.
• Proficient with Excel, Word, Outlook, and other Microsoft Office applications.
• Working knowledge of QuickBooks preferred.
• Working knowledge of tuition management systems such as FACTS Tuition Management, and parish data systems, a plus.
• Able to troubleshoot basic computer software related issues when needed.
• Able to perform work with discretion and maintain confidentiality in all matters.
• Able to provide a positive work environment and direction for others, influencing and motivating them to perform at their highest level, while encouraging a collaborative, cohesive team.
• Well organized and detailed oriented.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to build and maintain a good working relationship with coworkers and the ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
• Able to manage time well in a multi-task, deadline-oriented environment while working simultaneously with/for multiple entities.
• Able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
• Able to identify, analyze, and resolve problems independently.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
• CPA certification and experience preferred.
• Minimum three to five years’ experience in general ledger or public accounting.
• Minimum two years’ experience in management or supervisory experience.
• Financial experience in both parish and school environments, a plus.
• Must complete the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Training program, obtain a certificate, and renew the training annually as required.
Name and Title: Cecilia Colbert, CFO
Phone: 214 528 2240
How to submit resume: Email