Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Faith Formation Coordinator
Hiring Location: San Juan Diego Catholic Church - Parish
Address: 10919 Royal Haven Lane, Dallas, TX 75229 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: Monday and Friday – 4pm to 9 pm (5 hours) non-negotiable; Tuesday through Thursday 12pm to 5 pm (5 hours) negotiable. No weekend hours
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Yes
The Faith Formation Coordinator for RCIA/Confirmation is the person who plans, integrates, implements, oversees, and evaluates the religious and Sacramental preparation of the parish community, with the primary focus on the catechetical formation for middle school aged children and adults.
• Responsible for the development of catechetical programs and approval of curriculum for middle school aged children and adults according to the Religious Education Guidelines of the Diocese of Dallas.
• Responsible for the overall organization and preparation of the retreat for the students who are in the confirmation program.
• Responsible for distributing the curriculum to, training of and the supervision of catechists.
• Prepare and administer the operating budget of the religious education programs according to the policies established by the parish.
• Provide for the recruitment and training of catechists, support and encourage opportunities for catechist certification as specified by the Diocesan Office of Catechetical Services.
• Responsible for coordinating catechetical classes for parents of children that are in faith formation classes.
• Responsible for the overall preparation and organization of the confirmation celebration.
• Responsible for Safe Environment compliance of staff, catechist, and volunteers.
• Manages the selection, purchasing and stocking of the catechetical materials.
• Works hand in hand with Director of Religious education of 1st communion.
• Bachelor of Arts
• Two-five years successful parish experience coordinating a total or partial faith formation program and demonstrated competence in theology and catechetic
• Experience in PDS software
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) is required.
• Practicing Catholic, faithful to the Magisterium and in good standing with the Catholic Church.
• Successful completion of the Diocesan Safe Environment Process.
• Excellent communication/presentation skills combined with knowledge of catechetical methodology and pedagogy in accordance with the Magisterium.
• Computer skills to include proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Demonstrated competence in theology, catechetics, program coordination, catechist development and application of age appropriated teaching methods, communication, administration, facilitation, research, supervision, and coaching skills.
Name and Title: Father Daniel Rendon, Pastoral Administrator
How to submit resume: Mail, Email
Approved - Yes