Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Position Filled - Applications are no longer being accepted.
Mini Loan Program (MLP) Coordinator
Hiring Location: Society of St. Vincent de Paul of North Texas - Non-Diocesan Organizations
Address: 3826 Gilbert Avenue, Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: up to 24 hours/week
Weekends/OT Required: Rarely
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: Yes
Do you enjoy working with people and do you want to have a positive impact on their lives? The mission of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul Mini Loan Program (MLP) is to help people escape the cycle of debt that predatory lenders cause. By refinancing payday or auto title loans, people no longer have to work with aggressive, confusing lenders. Instead, we connect them to safe, honest, reputable banks and help them pay off their debt. We are seeking a bilingual individual with strong relationship stills and preferably with experience working in a nonprofit environment to help with this challenging and rewarding role. In the role of Mini Loan Program Coordinator, you can help people escape loans that are making their situations worse and help them on their way to financial security!
The Mini Loan Program Coordinator works one on one with loan applicants and helps them complete the application process. Once approved they journey with them throughout the life of the loan and provide financial coaching and mentorship. In addition, the MLP Coordinator will promote MLP by visiting food pantries, churches, apartment complexes, etc. Performs other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Completes initial screening and guides complete application process for potential MLP loan participants, including conducting a home visit and assisting applicant in filling out MLP monthly budget.
• Provides recommendation for loan for approval/denial and requests loan approval from district representative. Obtains from the applicant any additional information requested.
• Creates and maintains all required data entry and filing throughout the life of the loan.
• Attends MLP loan closing with participant and accompanies participant to predatory lending location to pay off loan.
• Provides one on one financial coaching and regularly communicates with participant throughout the loan term. Builds a trusting relationship and follows up if a payment is missed and helps the participant get back on track.
• Upon loan payoff, processes loan completion steps.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience working with, and knowledge of non-profit and social service organizations.
• Strong desire to work for an organization helping people make a new beginning, and an understanding of how this work benefits both the individual and the community.
• Proven relationship-building ability required. Strong people skills and the ability to relate to a broad cross-section of the community from diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
• Good organizational and record-keeping skills with the ability to multi-task. Self-motivated and team-spirited.
• Experience with MS Suite/computer literacy.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D. required. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
• 2-3 years of financial coaching experience preferred.
• Able to work with people of diverse backgrounds in a faith-based setting.
• Bilingual (English and Spanish) required.
Approved - Yes