Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Hiring Location: Catholic Conference and Formation Center - Catholic Conference and Formation Center (Diocesan-owned)
Address: 901 S Madison Ave, Dallas, TX 75208 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: 20-30 hours - Weekends
Weekends/OT Required: Often
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: Preferred
Catholic Conference and Formation Center. Hosting facility for meetings, seminars, retreats, special events.
This position will perform general cooking duties and will help with catering service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Help the Lead cook with food preparation and store food in safe and sanitary manner.
• Clean and store serving kitchen utensils in a safe and sanitary manner.
• Must ensure that the walk-in cooler and the freezer are kept clean and sanitary daily.
• Will receive and label food order each week and ensure accuracy in delivery.
• Will set up the front of the house and make sure the guests have a nice dining experience.
• Will help with catering events when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Service oriented attitude.
• Openness to Active learning and instruction.
• Knowledge of materials and methods used in preparation of food on a large scale.
• Knowledge of the use and care of kitchen utensils and equipment.
• Knowledge of food values and nutrition.
• Ability to cook in large amounts.
• Ability to work with and supervise other kitchen staff.
• Use good judgement and apply cleanliness skills at all times.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum one year experience in quantity cooking and/or catering.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish.
• Safety food handling knowledge and have at least a Food Handler Certificate.
• Must be able to work part time with a dynamic working schedule.
Physical Requirements Specific to the Job:
• Able to lift up to 25lbs.
Name and Title: Bertha deBastiani, CCFC Director
Phone: (214) 943-6585 x 105
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes