Job Opportunity Details
Hiring Location: All Saints Catholic Parish - Parish
Address: 5231 Meadowcreek Drive, Dallas, TX 75248 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: Sunday Mornings Plus Various Hours During Week Based on Event Schedule
Weekends/OT Required: Often
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: Preferred
General Summary of the Position
The Nursery Staff supports All Saints Parish in its mission, in service of the Body of Christ. This position, under the general supervision of the Nursery Coordinator, provides support to users of the Meadowcreek Campus during hours of operation; Mondays through Saturday from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm and Sundays from 6:30 am to 8:00 pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
The Nursery Staff will
• Responsible for providing age-appropriate care which includes feeding, changing diapers, escorting to the bathroom, maintaining a safe environment, putting children down for naps, holding, or sitting with and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, play and prayer.
• Be polite, friendly, and courteous to all children, parents, and volunteers.
• Childcare hours include every Sunday 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM. You are expected to work all Sundays even if it falls on a holiday. You will have the option to work other church events, i.e., Vacation Bible School, Mom’s Group Meetings, Marriage Enrichment Meetings, etc.
• Stay until the children are secured with a responsible adult named on the child’s registration form.
• In the event of an emergency notify the parent via call or text.
• Straighten the room(s) and clean any toys/beds before leaving. Used bed sheets will need to be placed in the dirty linen container and clean sheets are to be placed on the beds. Staff will be responsible for laundering the sheets. All toys that have had contact with saliva will require special attention. A sanitizing solution will be available to use in the nursery.
• Report to the nursery coordinator any issues which are hindering the carry out of the duties or responsibilities.
• Communicate in advance, by phone to the nursery coordinator: 1) any planned absences with an advance two week notice, or 2) any unplanned absences at least two hours prior to the shift
• Support other areas of campus operations as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience in caring for children between the ages of 0 to 3 with the ability to adapt and interact with a variety of personalities.
• A working knowledge of the Catholic Church & traditions with understanding of our All Saints Community & Parishioners
• Ability to work with supervision while maintaining a cooperative & effective team relationship with staff and parishioners.
• Computer competency (Microsoft Office, internet, and ability to learn job-specific Elexio application
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
Education and Experience:
• High School Graduate
• Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Certification.
• CPR/First Aid certification a plus
• Bilingual Preferred
Nursery Staff Detailed Job Description
Name and Title: Philip Muscat - Business Manager
How to submit resume: Drop-off at location, Email
Approved - Yes