Hiring Location: St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church - Frisco - Parish
Address: 8000 Eldorado Parkway, Frisco, TX 75033 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Varies based on schedule/activities
Weekends/OT Required: Often
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: No
General Summary of the Position
St. Francis of Assisi Parish is looking for a Christ-centered, innovative, visionary and passionate individual to lead the Youth Ministry team overseeing the Parish’s Middle School (6th -8th grade) and High School (9th-12th grade) initiatives. The Director of Youth Ministry’s main objective is to form and lead the youth of the Parish to be disciples of Christ.
The Director of Youth Ministry will also oversee the 8th grade confirmation and High School Confirmation. This position will also collaborate with the Young Adult Ministry. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and able to perform key tasks independently in a timely manner. This person should be a self-starter that enjoys working in a collaborative team environment and is excited to join a growing Catholic community with a vibrant culture and innovative community. This role will require a firm understanding of our Parish’s vision and values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Creates, in collaboration with the Pastor and Senior Director of Operations, the vision and strategic direction of the Youth Ministry department (Middle School and High School).
• Responsible for developing a fresh, innovative, and sustainable approach to forming the youth of St. Francis into intentional disciples of Christ.
• Oversees Youth Ministry staff to ensure best Youth Ministry program is delivered and implemented.
• Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, training, retaining and evaluating teams of volunteers to serve as leaders, aids, and catechists. Ensures that teaching adheres to the established curriculum and remains consistent with Catholic doctrine and moral and social teaching.
• Responsible for creating, planning and implementing regular sessions with youth.
• Supports families in their role of promoting healthy adolescent and teen development and faith growth.
• Maintains a high degree of visibility and involvement with youth in the community and their families.
• Provides necessary resources and catechesis for families (including parents) in order to achieve a collaboration between parish and parents to foster young people as disciples of Christ on fire with their Catholic faith.
• Responsible for overseeing curriculum and all requirements for confirmation of both 8th Grade and High School students.
• Responsible for collaborating with Young Adult Ministry to ensure a thriving Young Adult program exists in the parish and also works to recruit volunteers, core team members, and catechists from Young Adult Ministry.
• Works in tandem with the Young Adult Ministry volunteer leadership to raise the profile of the ministry throughout the parish.
• Responsible for planning appropriate events both in the parish and outside the parish to serve as fellowship and spiritual opportunities for youth.
• Responsible for planning all aspects of High School retreat(s), Junior High Retreats and Confirmation Retreats.
• Responsible for developing annual budget, in collaboration with Youth Ministry Coordinator, Finance Director and Senior Director of Operations. Responsible for overseeing and managing expenses, in collaboration with Youth Ministry Coordinator.
• Teaches and gives talks to youth as needed.
• Responsible for interacting with parents in a professional, respectful and trustworthy manner to communicate the vision and specific components of the Youth Ministry department. Responsible for collaborating with parents to ensure their commitment and support of the Youth Ministry program.
• Plans, develops and implements a schedule of service/social justice activities for designated age groups to develop their sense of responsibility to and awareness of the needs of the parish community.
• Promotes active youth worship including participating in liturgy and prayer opportunities.
• Coordinates involvement in Diocese and community activities such as Mission: Possible, Dallas Catholic Youth Conference (DCYC), Youth Day, Steubenville Youth Conference(s), and Regional and National Youth Conferences.
• Collaborates with the ministry leads and liturgy staff to recruit and ensure training for youth ushers, lectors, Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist, and music ministers.
• Actively recruits youth and adults to participate in the Youth Ministry program throughout the year.
• Encourages youth to pursue leadership opportunities in the program and works extensively with youth leadership to encourage them to select and coordinate appropriate social, service, liturgy and worship opportunities for their peers.
• Facilitates the formation of a strong identity with other Catholic youth, their families, their parish, and the local and larger Church communities.
• Serves as an active member of the parish staff. Attends staff and other meetings as required.
• Represents the needs of parish youth and their families to the Pastor, Senior Director of Operations, and Parish Leadership Team (PLT)
• Collaborates with other members of pastoral staff to determine direction of Religious Education and related activities to support the parish mission.
• Collaborates with other Youth Ministry leaders within the diocese (and elsewhere) to learn best practice, seek solutions and ideas.
• Responsible for ongoing formation and education to ensure Youth Minister personal spiritual development and growth is consistent.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must possess a servant-leadership mindset.
• Must maintain a positive, upbeat, self-starting, solutions-centered, can-do attitude.
• Must be adept at problem solving.
• Must understand the importance of the parishioners and the community served by St. Francis of Assisi.
• Must be able to thrive with minimal supervision.
• Must possess the ability to easily interact and relate with a wide assortment of personality types.
• Must have the ability to listen carefully and take direction well.
• Ability to manage time and prioritize accordingly.
• Must be a Catholic in good standing.
• Must be a practicing Catholic and demonstrate an active commitment to the Church’s mission and to the sharing of that mission with youth.
• Must have the ability and experience to design and implement a variety of youth-oriented social, service, and worship opportunities.
• Comprehensive knowledge of adolescent, pre-teen, and teen spiritual and personal development, youth cultures, and sociology.
• Exceptional listening and emphatic skills required; ability to recognize and handle problems within scope of job duties and to refer problems outside of the scope of job duties to the appropriate party.
• Outstanding organizational skills, including time management, delegation, planning, and budgeting.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively with adults and children of all ages.
• Outstanding computer skills, with intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products and social media.
• Advanced MS Office experience, including Outlook (email and calendar/scheduling), Word, PowerPoint, Excel; Apple (iOS) and various social medial platforms experience.
• The nature of this position requires incumbent to work a highly flexible schedule comprised of day, evening, and weekend hours.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors in Theology, Religious Education, or Youth Ministry preferred.
• Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in teaching or managing a youth program of significant size and complexity.
• Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
• The nature of this position requires a highly flexible schedule comprised of day, evening, and weekend hours.
Name and Title: Deacon Alex Barbieri, Senior Director of Operations
How to submit resume: Email