Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Pastoral Executive Assistant and Database Manager
Hiring Location: St. Francis of Assisi, Frisco, Texas - Parish
Address: 8000 Eldorado Parkway, Frisco, TX 75033 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday; 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, occasional Sunday
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
General Summary of the Position
The Pastoral Executive Assistant and Database Manager at St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church requires a hard-working, innovative, solutions-orientated, flexible, joy-filled, and passionate individual. The Pastoral Executive Assistant and Database Manager’s main objective is to support the Pastor in his role of carrying out the mission of the Church by providing superior support for the Pastor, Parochial Vicars, Senior Director of Operations and (future) Development Director as well as successful overseeing the Parish’s database and office management duties.
The Pastoral Executive Assistant and Database Manager successfully delivers executive level administrative support through clerical support, receiving visitors, arranging travel, correspondence, managing expenses/expense reports, managing data and fundraising support and scheduling meetings. The Pastoral Executive Assistant and Database Manager exercises discretion and due respect for confidentiality in all aspects of the position. The Pastoral Executive Assistant and Database Manager collaborates with the Worship and Liturgy team to ensure successful scheduling of clergy for Masses and other liturgies. This position also supervises the Parish Receptionist.
The Pastoral Executive Assistant and Database Manager oversees the Parish database and ensure accurate records are kept including purging old parishioner records and ensuring new parishioners are properly entered. The Pastoral Executive Assistant and Database Manager will also work to support all mission advancement (fundraising) activities including future development staff. The role is also responsible for overseeing the New Parishioner Welcoming and Onboarding process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
Pastoral Executive Assistant Duties:
• Manages the pastor’s calendar, as well as the parochial vicars, Development Director Senior Director of Operations, coordinates and schedule appointments, events, and meetings. Works to help keep the pastor and parochial vicars on schedule for meetings and appointments.
• Answers all phone calls directed to the pastor and determines availability and necessary routing to staff and/or other clergy.
• Collaborates with the Parish Receptionist to fulfill all Letters of Good Standing (and similar) requests.
• Assists in greeting visitors and determining access to appropriate parties.
• Organizes and sorts pastor’s correspondence as directed.
• Ensure a warm, welcoming, pleasant, organized and clean entrance and environment for visitors.
• Assists and/or manages correspondence such as thank you notes and follow up responses from Pastor, Senior Director of Operations and (future) Development Director.
• Captures key notes, takeaways and next steps at all meetings as directed by the pastor.
• Coordinates travel, lodging and meeting arrangements for conferences and workshops.
• Prepares and remits correspondence on behalf of the pastor.
• Organizes and manages all expenses, receipts and ensure proper reimbursement for all Pastor, parochial vicars, and Senior Director of Operations.
• Prepares executive responses to routine memos, letters, or correspondence
• Assist parochial vicars and deacons as needed in the absence of the Senior Director of Operations and Finance Director.
• Supports the monthly liturgical calendar by assigning priests to celebrate Masses and liturgical commitments; collaborates with appropriate worship and liturgy staff to ensure adequate scheduling of all English and Spanish Masses and liturgies.
• Collaborates with appropriate staff/clergy to ensure deacons are assigned to necessary Masses and liturgical commitments.
• Prepares reports and spreadsheets as directed by the pastor and Senior Director of Operations.
• Recruit visiting priests for Reconciliation services when additional clergy are needed and submit required check requests for stipends.
• Other duties as assigned by Pastor and Senior Director of Operations.
Database Manager and Development (Fundraising Support)
• Collaborates with appropriate staff and volunteers to ensure parish database is kept current including implementing and/or overseeing the implementation of parish registrations and sacrament records into church database.
• Responsible for all Diocesan-requested reports, Mass attendance, and miscellaneous sacramental records.
• Responsible for leading, in tandem with the Senior Director of Operations, the anticipated migration from current parish database (Shelby Next) to future database.
• Works to ensure main parish database is connected to other platforms such as parishioner communications tools, fundraising tools, etc.
• Plans and implements Parish census as needed and as directed by the Pastor and Senior Director of Operations
• Responsible for overseeing all donor data including collaboration with parish Finance Director and Bookkeeper. Runs reports and tracks including demographic and financial metrics.
• Responsible for ensuring all Diocese of Dallas requested reports are prepared and submitted accurately and timely.
• Supports the development (fundraising) efforts of the parish, which includes supporting future Mission Advancement staff by making building relationships with parishioners and prospects, tracking data, making appointments, tracking, and ensuring all donor correspondence is completed in a timely manner (i.e., thank you notes and calls).
• Responsible for planning, organizing, and setting up all mission advancement events and activities such as receptions, dinners/lunches, meetings.
New Parishioner Welcoming and Onboarding
• Responsible for developing and implementing process for welcoming new parishioners on a routine basis. This includes ensuring all newcomers are encouraged to register, reaching out to new parishioners within two weeks of registering, etc.
• Responsible for recruiting and managing a team of volunteers to serve as “ambassadors” to welcome and journey with new parishioners.
• Responsible for providing new parishioners with information such as getting involved in volunteer opportunities, parish events, faith formation, etc.
• Assists Pastor and Senior Director of Operations to plan staff events such as lunches (ordering, setting up/tearing down, tracking of expenses) logistical planning of retreats and other off-site staff events, birthday/anniversary celebrations, new staff welcomes, etc.
• Oversees office supplies for all staff, places orders as approved when necessary. Tracks orders/deliveries and receipts associated with supplies.
• Able to assist receptionist on occasion as needed at Parish Reception Area.
• Responsible for overseeing the after-hours answering service which includes reaching out to clergy for calls for Anointing of the Sick, last rites, emergency Baptisms and other calls which may constitute an emergency for clergy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must possess a servant-leadership mindset.
• Must maintain a positive, upbeat, self-starting, solutions-centered, can-do attitude.
• Must be adept at problem solving and be flexible and adaptive.
• Must understand the importance of the parishioners and the community served by St. Francis of Assisi.
• Must be able to thrive with minimal supervision.
• Must possess the ability to easily interact and relate with a wide assortment of personality types.
• Must have the ability to listen carefully and take direction well.
• Ability to manage time and prioritize accordingly.
• History of achievement in a professional office setting, with direct support to a high-level superior.
• Must be a Catholic in good standing.
• Advanced MS Office experience, including Outlook (email and calendar/scheduling), Word, PowerPoint, Excel; Apple (iOS) platform experience beneficial.
• Must support the vision and strategic direction of the Pastor.
Education and Experience:
• B.S. in Management or related field
• 3+ years administrative support or executive assistance
• Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
• Occasional evenings and weekends.
Name and Title: Hiring Manager
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes