Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Full Time Maintenance Assistant
Hiring Location: Mary Immaculate Church - Parish
Address: 2800 Valwood Pkwy, Farmers Branch, TX 75234 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am - 5 pm, some weekends
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
The maintenance assistant will perform general maintenance duties such as walking the areas between the Church, Rectories, School and all Grounds to check that general maintenance systems are in proper working order. Help monitor the church, rectories, school parking lots for any inappropriate activity. The maintenance duties will include checking the air conditioning and heating systems are in proper working order, checking and make repairs for lighting, electrical, plumbing, setting up tables and chairs for small church events and be available to reschedule work hours when needed.
Reports to: Facilities Manager
• Maintenance: Work on repair list.
• Maintenance: Make rounds of the church, rectories, school and grounds check the working status of lights, electrical breakers, air conditioning and heating and plumbing.
• Maintenance: As directed set up tables, chairs, and trash cans for special events. (at a minimum since each ministry is required to do their own set-up and take down)
• Monitor: Make rounds of church, rectories and school parking lots and report any criminally suspicious and/or inappropriate activity.
• Carpentry: Repair doors, change locks, painting, wood molding, and install carpet and tile where necessary.
• Plumbing: Change faucets, commodes and urinals.
• Electrical: Change lights and ballasts, repair outlets and other simple electrical repairs.
• Pick up trash on the whole parish property twice a week or more as needed.
• Check for water leaks on the whole parish property.
• Remove stones and reinstall stones in columbarium and keep area clean.
• Clean air conditioning and heating coils.
• Change air conditioning and heating air filters.
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
• Basic knowledge of materials, methods, and practices essential to the proper maintenance of buildings.
• Basic knowledge of operation and care of air conditioning and heating systems, carpentry, electrical and plumbing.
• Communicate in the English with parishioners, catechists, and parish staff.
• Understand and follow directions.
• Work with cleaning fluid, chemicals, cleaning agents or similar solutions using normal protective equipment to maintain facilities. (Does not speak or read English, therefore he cannot read the direction of the cleaning products for proper usage.)
• Lift arms above shoulder level.
• Move objects weighing less than 50 pounds, long and short distances.
• Use common hand tools such as hammers, screw drivers or similar tools.
• Bend or stoop repeatedly or continually over time to pick up trash cans or litter.
• Climb ladders.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
1 year maintenance experience in carpentry, electrical, plumbing and understanding the use of tools and equipment.
Name and Title: Mel Schraufnagel, Facilities Manager
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes