Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Position Filled - Applications are no longer being accepted.
Staff Accountant - Accounts Receivable
Hiring Location: Pastoral Center - Business Office - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St., Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Weekends/OT Required: Rarely
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: No
Staff Accountant - Accounts Receivable
Reports to Controller
FLSA Status: Exempt
General Summary of the Position
The Staff Accountant – Accounts Receivable is responsible for maintaining the accounts receivable for the Diocese of Dallas - Pastoral Center. This includes all related functions of monthly billing, cash receipts, collections and analysis of the more than 100 entities within the Diocese.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Reconcile and review daily deposits for all bank accounts.
• Prepare and record deposits into the Blackbaud Financial Edge Accounts Receivable and Cash Receipts modules.
• Capture remote online deposits using dedicated banking software.
• Prepare monthly parish and school invoices; work with internal departments to prepare all credits and charges.
• Distribute monthly invoices electronically to all entities.
• Respond to all billing inquiries. Provide excellent customer service when responding to requests for information.
• Monitor outstanding receivables. Identify and obtain details for any short-paid charges. Follow up with customers to ensure prompt payment, including identifying and reviewing problem accounts.
• Reconcile and balance the AR subledger to the general ledger monthly. Maintain the AR aging report and monitor details for accuracy.
• Maintain schedule of Second Collections by parishes. Prepare and remit requests for payments and transmittal forms. Reconcile detail to the general ledger and prepare journal entries.
• Resolve moderately complex accounting problems by investigating and analyzing accounting activities and information; assist in the calculation of allowance for uncollectible accounts. Prepare journal entries as needed.
• Participate in financial audits, including preparation of PBCs and remittance of sample details as requested by the auditors.
• Perform cross-functional tasks required to maintain a strong segregation of duties within the Business Office. Other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks may occasionally be required for the Business Office including coverage for the mail room.
• Participate in the development and maintenance of the general ledger and accounting systems; recommend improvements to the AR process.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
• Must be highly skilled in use of Excel spreadsheets, including formatting for proper importing of data.
• Must have strong written skills in order to handle communication needs with customers.
• Must have excellent verbal skills.
• Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done.
• Experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge a plus, but not required.
• Experience working with not-for-profits a plus, but not required.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or a bachelor’s degree in business with emphasis in accounting is required.
• Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in accounting is required.
Physical Requirements Specific to the Job:
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of the position may be changed at the sole discretion of the Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center.
The Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center reserves the right to modify this job description without notice to the employee. This job description is not a contract and does not alter the employee’s at-will employment status.
Approved - No