Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Hiring Location: St. Patrick Catholic School - Catholic School
Address: 9635 Ferndale Rd, Dallas, TX 75238 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30am -4:00pm
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: No
The Network Administrator supports and manages the overall direction, integration, implementation, and maintenance of technology throughout the school and church. The successful candidate will have prior experience with network administration, experience in educational technology, and proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 and Apple devices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
• Manage all campus network systems including servers, routers, switches, access points, wiring systems, security systems, audio-visual systems, workstations and peripherals, classroom computers, iPads, and student laptops.
• Supports school faculty, staff, administration, and school students in the installation and use of school technologies
• Supports church staff in the installation and use of technology
• Responsible for hardware and peripherals acquisition, deployment, troubleshooting, and maintenance
• Responsible for software/iOS app acquisition, installation, troubleshooting, and subscription renewals
• Works with vendors to maintain product support
• Maintains equipment rotation and replacement schedules
• Assists with the allocation of technology funds
• Serves as a resource for Principal and the parish Director of Operations in planning and evaluating school and church technologies
• Develops long range technology plans in collaboration with the Technology Committee of the School Advisory Council.
• Initiates or develop other programs relative to the job description
• All other duties and special projects as assigned by the Pastor, Principal or parish Director of Operations
• Follow the policies as outlined in both the Parish Employment Policy Manual and the Catholic Schools Handbook.
• Approximately 80% of the work week is spent in the school and 20% is spent in the parish office.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Strong expertise with typical school hardware (desktops, laptops and iPads, printers, interactive boards, document cameras, wireless adapters).
• Strong familiarity with typical school software (Microsoft Office Suite, Apple platform software, ClassLink, and web-based applications)
• Proficiency with Windows, Mac OS, and iOS operating systems
• Ability to analyze and resolve computer network problems
• Experience coaching classroom teachers in technology integration
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Solid work ethic with the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks at once
• Strong interpersonal skills to include the ability to work effectively with students, parents, and staff members
• Positive, professional, collaborative work style
• Eagerness to stay current on trends and developments in educational technology and emerging technologies by taking courses and attending technology conferences
• Self-starter who can work both independently and with supervision
• Willingness and ability to attend select after-hours school events and meetings
• Excellent judgment, discretion, integrity, and diplomacy
• Flexibility in a dynamic environment with an accompanying sense of urgency
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field
• 3+ years of experience working in an Information Technology role, required.
• Training in network and wireless administration as well as software use and application
Name and Title: Colleen Santoni, Assistant Principal
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes