Hiring Location: IMMACULATE CONCEPTION CATHOLIC PARISH - Parish
Address: 3000 W. HWY. 22, CORSICANA, TX 75110 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: 8 AM - 5 PM
Weekends/OT Required: Often
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
• Serves as parish advocate for families. Reviews policy and procedures for inclusion of the Family Perspective.
• Serves by maintaining a network of professional providers for counseling and referrals.
• Supervises the Engaged and Marriage Ministry Programs.
• Supervises recruitment and training of lay volunteers who assist in programs and activities of the Family Life Ministry.
• Is an active member of the sacramental team.
• Coordinates a weekly Social Night for Teens
• Is a resource for existing ministries.
• Identifies developing parish needs and establishes new parish ministries and programs accordingly.
• Maintains records of parish participation in Family Life Programs and report regularly to the Pastor.
• Offers Annulment advocate services for parishioners.
• Develops and organizes Parish Community Education Enrichment Programs.
• Can minister effectively in both English and Spanish.
• Reports directly to the Pastor.
• Provides English baptism classes for parents and godparents.
• Musical Ability a plus.
• Background in, appreciation of contemporary theology, adult formation and spirituality.
• Knowledge of adult faith formation and learning styles.
• Skills in group dynamics.
• Competence in budget planning, recruitment, evaluation and supervision.
• Implement all diocesan, parish administrative policies as directed or as written in policy handbooks
• Collaborate with parish staff with registration, accounting, publications, records, curriculum and volunteer utilization
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Theology, Catechetics, Youth Ministry or related field) OR a minimum of two years’ experience in ministry and a PRACTICING CATHOLIC.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, computer skills, and a strong understanding and ability to articulate Catholic Teaching and catechetical method. Capable of learning specific computer programs, up to date on social media networking. (Experienced using social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.)
• Musical background helpful to lead
Name and Title: Marge Hensley, Business Manager
How to submit resume: Mail, Drop-off at location, Email