Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Safe Environment Coordinator - Part Time
Hiring Location: St. Pius X Catholic Church - Parish
Address: 3030 Gus Thomasson Road, Dallas, TX 75228 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: 20 hours per week, flexible
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
Implements, coordinates, and maintains all aspects of the Safe Environment Program for the school and parish to assure compliance with Diocesan program requirements. Identifies other elements of risk exposure for the parish and recommends solutions to minimize these risks. This individual will act as an ombudsman to assist all parents, staff, faculty and volunteers with their concerns about any safety aspect at the school and acts as first contact for supervisors in need of guidance or assistance with any issue that has the potential to imperil individuals or property. Annually the files will be audited and there is the expectation that the results will be superior.
• Manages all elements of the Diocesan Safe Environment Program for the school including all aspects of screening, training, maintaining database, and audits, etc. for school employees and volunteers.
• Conducts and monitors periodic criminal background checks and annual training for all active faculty, staff, and volunteers.
• Develops and maintains knowledge and awareness of child safety and protection issues, concerns, methods, and instruction programs, etc.; child abuse prevention strategies, methods, statistics; issues, concerns, contacts for domestic violence, adult abuse, protection of vulnerable and disabled to support and enhance credibility of Safe Environment Program; and participates in scheduled Diocesan Safe Environment meetings and other activities.
• Complies with all legal and diocesan requirements regarding reporting incidents of abuse and/or unsafe situations.
• Organizes and coordinates twice yearly (Virtus) training of children and youth in school and faith formation programs, maintains and reports statistics of same to diocese.
• Identifies other elements of risk exposure to management personnel in school and devises, develops, and recommends solutions for minimizing risk exposure.
• Maintains all elements of the card reader access program (Linear Emerge) for the facilities including distribution of access cards, maintenance of database files, and knowledge of computer applications.
• Manage the Crisis Management Plan for parish.
• Maintain One Call Now software database and coordinate and be the point person for any emergency situations as needed with school and diocese.
Name and Title: Bill Davis - Business Manager
How to submit resume: Mail, Drop-off at location, Email
Approved - Yes