Hiring Location: St. Gabriel the Archangel Parish - Parish
Address: 110 St. Gabriel Way, McKinney, TX 75071 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 - 5:00
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: No
The Parish Accountant reports to the Director of Operations and is responsible for administering all aspects of parish finances, working in partnership with multiple ministry leads. This includes processing all income, accounts payable, payroll, bank reconciliations, month-end financial reports, annual budget development, and other financial tracking. Key Tasks include:
• Maintains the financial bookkeeping system in QuickBooks for the parish including accounts payable and receivable ledgers and financial statements.
• Oversees timely processing of all financials including deposits of money received, processing check requests, and assuring proper authorization of expenditures.
• Reconciles credit card entries to proper bank accounts.
• Ensures expenses are properly accounted for in QuickBooks and paid in a timely manner.
• Maintains payroll system and verifies data for ExponentHR. Completes journal entries for proper accounting of payroll.
• Reviews invoice and deposit entries in QuickBooks.
• Closes the books, including reconciling the bank accounts, utilizing the monthly close checklist, preparing month-end reports and attending/presenting to Finance Council.
• Manages employee 403b accounts through Mutual of America.
• Assists with the annual budget working with the Director of Operations and Parish Bookkeeper. Makes sure deferred monies are recorded in proper accounts by end of year.
• Uploads online giving reports into the database. Makes corrections as needed. Prepares deposit in QuickBooks.
• Processes quarterly and annual contribution statements for parishioners.
• Communicates with Auditors, gathers information and reports for annual audit.
• Analyzes parish finances and parish financial processes for improvement
• Supports office staff, clergy, Director of Operations, and parishioners with daily financial questions, and completes other duties assigned by Pastor or Director of Operations.
• Supervises Parish Bookkeeper (part-time) and associated volunteers.
Key Knowledge and Skills:
• Ability to perform outlined tasks above
• Knowledge of proper accounting and internal control procedures
• Knowledge of government compliance and reporting requirements
• Knowledge of requirements for payroll processing and benefits administration
• Strong accounting program and Excel skills (ideally, experience with QuickBooks Pro)
• Experience with Church Management Software (currently use Parish Data Systems)
• Ability to set priorities and organize work effectively and efficiently including developing and maintaining effective record-keeping and records-management
• Ability to honor and maintain confidentiality
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written) to professionally communicate and represent St. Gabriel to those who call, write, or visit
• Active in the Roman Catholic faith or willingness to function in a manner consistent with the mission of the Catholic Church
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business with an emphasis in accounting
• Preference for five (5) years of accounting experience
Name and Title: Brent Simon, Director of Operations
How to submit resume: Mail, Email