Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Senior Facilities Specialist
Hiring Location: Pastoral Center- Office of Construction & Real Estate - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St., Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m.- 4 p.m.
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: Preferred
The Senior Facilities Specialist will perform skilled and semi-skilled building maintenance and repairs that require a working knowledge of carpentry, painting, plumbing, HVAC and minor electrical work. Responsible for the overall general maintenance of the Pastoral Center grounds and other Diocesan properties. The Sr. Facilities Specialist inspects operational equipment and performs basic repairs and preventative maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Ensures that the Pastoral Center and other Diocesan properties are aesthetically pleasing and maintained in a proper working order, including ice and snow removal with hand shovels and blowing walkways.
• Performs general maintenance functions, repair/replacement including but not limited to: HVAC, plumbing, electrical, security, fire safety, alarms, energy management, irrigation, plumbing fixtures, light fixtures, doors and related hardware, windows, floor covering, furnishing and fixtures, painting/finishing of surfaces, etc. and or construction work as needed or assigned.
• Landscaping duties include mowing, edging, picking up grass clippings; trimming trees and bushes, raking and bagging leaves as needed for the Pastoral Center and diocesan properties.
• Schedules, supervises and oversees preventative maintenance or repairs for the Pastoral Center and other diocesan properties.
• Supervises janitorial staff and coordinates janitorial needs for the Pastoral Building and other diocesan properties.
• Immediately report safety issues that cannot be readily fixed to the Director of Construction and Real Estate.
• Identify possible safety issues and take steps to avoid accidents.
• Assists with the coordination of all requests for alterations to present structures including obtaining proper authorization.
• Must inspect facility and grounds on a routine basis, and keeps a log of any tasks to be completed.
• Ensures that the design and maintenance of building systems meet local health and safety requirements.
• Maintains appropriate maintenance and landscaping logs, permits and records as required by federal, state and local regulations including all documentation and licensing necessary to lawfully operate equipment and facilities.
• Collection and disposal of outside trashcans.
• Must have experience working a maintenance role and be highly skilled with various hand and power tools.
• Must be able to read and understand blueprints and repair manuals.
• Responsible for the proper functioning of security systems for the Pastoral Center building and other diocesan properties. To include the contacting of police, fire and other protective services.
• Ability to assemble and disassemble machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts.
• Maintains tools, equipment, vehicles and assigned work area in a clean and safe condition.
• Maintains an inventory of supplies and equipment for maintenance, lighting and cleaning.
• Orders maintenance and or janitorial supplies with authorized approval.
• Provides general assistance as needed which may include moving office furniture, hauling and moving items, and picking up parts or other equipment as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to honor and maintain confidentiality.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish preferred).
• Ability to develop, plan and implement short and long-range plans to extend the
useful life expectancy of buildings and facilities.
• Skill in reviewing current operating procedures and policies and to make
recommendations to change and implement new procedures and strategies.
• Able to develop facility master plans.
• Able to develop and review budgets and identify potential cost savings opportunities with the assistance of the Director of Construction and Real Estate.
• Strong organizational and follow through, remaining focused on tasks
• Strong attention to detail.
• Hard worker who is a self-starter and proactive.
• Time management assertiveness to adjust to specific duties.
• Must be available to work flexible hours and weekends when needed.
• Responsible for 24 hr. emergency maintenance service as needed.
• Must be available by cell phone as required for on-call maintenance or emergency services.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Construction and Real Estate
• A Catholic in good standing is preferred.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma
• 5 years of facilities/maintenance experience
• Related degree from a technical college, preferred
• Able to lift 50 pounds
• Able to work on and climb elevated platforms and ladders
• Must be able to use a personal vehicle to transport large items when needed
• Experience using MS Office Outlook, Word and Excel
• Must maintain a valid Driver’s License
Name and Title: Maria Carrillo, Director- Office of Construction & Real Estate
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes