Hiring Location: Youth, Young Adult, and Campus Ministries - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St.,, Dallas, TX, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Mon - Fri 9AM - 5PM
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Masters Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Yes
The Office of Youth, Young Adult, and Campus Ministries is seeking a talented individual to join our dynamic team-- someone who believes in the mission of the Diocese of Dallas to build the Kingdom of God in North Texas! The Ministry Development Strategist II assists the Director, in collaboration with the other department staff, in ideating, fostering, and ultimately executing the continuing mission of strategic ministry development throughout the diocese on parish and school campuses. The strategist is the team leader in providing consultative work with our diocesan entities to assist in creating a plan for comprehensive, sustainable, and culturally responsive ministry.
• Provide direction, consultation, training, and formation as needed to support strategic development of parish ministry.
• On-site collaborative work with parish and community leaders.
• Empower local parishes to minister to youth and young adults by engaging and mobilizing parish members in the development process, reflecting the belief that people will be invested in what they help to create.
• Assist in training and formation, relevant to the current National/Diocesan standards
• Provide services to parishes (campus ministry and schools) including resources, consultation, visitation and evaluation of parish youth ministry.
• Collaborate with multiple offices to ensure an intergenerational approach to parish ministry development.
• Be an advocate and link for youth, young adult, and campus ministries to the Pastoral Center ministries as well as parishes, deaneries and the wider community.
• Support the current programs as needed.
• Performs other duties as prescribed by the Director
• BA/BS degree in related field, Master’s preferred
• Competencies in the areas of Theology, Youth Ministry formation, community organization
• Bilingual, Spanish and English, is necessary
• Minimum of 5 years of ministry experience working with youth, young adults, or campus ministry constituents
• Disciple of Jesus Christ who regularly seeks to enhance his or her relationship with God through the tradition of the Roman Catholic Church
• Understanding of ministry and theology
• Ability to work as a team player in a highly collaborative environment
• Strong interpersonal and pastoral skills
• Extensive experience in digital and social media
• Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work without direct supervision
Name and Title: Jason Deuterman, Director
How to submit resume: Email