Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Position Filled - Applications are no longer being accepted.
Hiring Location: St. Martin of Tours - Parish
Address: 9470 Co Rd 213, Forney, TX 75126 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday (Hours vary)
Weekends/OT Required: Often
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: No
The Facilities coordinator assumes the responsibility to manage the work of the Facilities Department for the Parish in collaboration with the Pastoral Administrator. The Coordinator is responsible for directing skilled and semi-skilled employees and contractors in building maintenance and repairs that require a working knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, HVAC and control systems, minor electrical work, cameras, and access systems. The Facilities Coordinator is responsible for the general upkeep and cleaning of the parish facilities and grounds, providing prompt and courteous service in response to requests regarding facilities and keeping management informed of necessary repairs and maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Ensures buildings and grounds are maintained in a manner that provides a healthy, safe, and attractive physical environment.
• Performs physical inspection of all buildings and property as needed, including the interior, exterior and grounds surrounding the property to ensure a safe environment for workers and visitors. Immediate action will be taken to correct any hazardous conditions.
• Coordinates the services for grounds keeping, pest control, and any other maintenance related services and contracts.
• Plans and schedules semi-annual/annual inspections and certifications as necessary to comply with national, state, local and /or diocesan standards.
• Plans and schedules routine and preventative maintenance of buildings, HVAC systems, fire safety systems and alarms.
• Obtains permits for fire and other systems, as necessary.
• Arranges for plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC, and other minor repair work on the facilities, when needed.
• Promptly arranges for and / or performs minor maintenance of the buildings, rectory and parish office when needed.
• Recommends long-term and short-term campus improvement project goals, prioritizing according to need.
• Maintenance of Communications network and services (telephones, and internet)
• Maintenance of Security access control to all buildings (keys, keypad codes).
• Maintenance of Computer hardware and software and related (computers, projectors, printers, monitor/displays, acquisition, implementation, and maintenance).
• Identify requirements and purchase supplies (kitchen supplies, paper goods, cleansers, batteries, etc) and maintain stock levels.
• Collaborates with the parish facilities scheduler to ensure that all requests and appropriate arrangements for meeting rooms and facilities are observed, set-up and cleaned-up in a timely manner.
• Programs energy management systems and thermostats in accordance with established guidelines.
• Attends staff and diocesan meetings and seminars to maintain knowledge of safety and other requirements of the job.
• Maintains appropriate documents and records as required by federal, state, and local regulations including all documentation and licensing necessary to lawfully operate equipment and facilities.
• Assists with the coordination of all requests for alterations to present structures including obtaining proper authorization.
• Performs other duties as requested by the Pastoral Administrator.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Operations and Maintenance:
• Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
• Knowledge of facility records management policies and procedures.
Leadership and Strategy:
• Ability to develop, plan and implement short and long-range plans to extend the useful life expectancy of buildings and facilities.
• Skill in reviewing current operating procedures and policies and to make recommendations to change and implement new procedures and strategies.
• Ability to develop Facility Master Plans
• Able to develop and review budgets and identify potential cost saving opportunities with the assistance of the Pastoral Administrator & Accountant.
Experience and Requirements:
• High School diploma and 5 years or more of experience in facility management. preferably in a parish environment.
• Collaborative communication and leadership style.
• Comfortable in the realm of technology.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Valid Texas Driver’s License, CDL is a plus.
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
• Position requires extensive walking, reaching, climbing stairs and ladders.
• Specific vision abilities are required.
Approved - Yes