Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Position Filled - Applications are no longer being accepted.
Patient Advocacy Representative
Hiring Location: St. Vincent de Paul Pharmacy - Non-Diocesan Organizations
Address: 5750 Pineland Drive, Suite 280, Dallas, TX 75231 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: Schedule TBD
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: Yes
St. Vincent de Paul Pharmacy in Dallas, Texas, specializes in providing prescription medication, free of charge, to patients who do not have health insurance. We know that better health means fewer sick days: so people can keep working and not risk losing their job. We know it means being able to pay rent and afford groceries each month. It means fewer trips to the emergency room and a longer, happier life!
We are seeking a caring, energetic person to join our mission as the Patient Advocacy Representative.
The Patient Advocacy Representative completes the certification process of patients according to established policies and procedures and ensures that data are accurately filed and/or entered into a computer database.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Completes intake process for potential patients.
• Works with intake volunteers: helps to train them on the intake process.
• Assists SVdP Conference members with referrals to the pharmacy.
• Completes intake data entry and paperwork filing.
• Refers patients to other potential services that may be available to them (both within the Society and other area agencies).
• Maintains confidentiality per HIPAA standards.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent customer service skills both in person and over the telephone.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Adaptable, motivated, and dependable to provide ethical quality service across all situations.
• Able to juggle multiple priorities.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, written and oral skills.
• A high school diploma or GED.
• At least one year applicable work experience ideally in a health-related field.
• Experience with MS Suite/computer literacy.
• Able to work with people of diverse backgrounds in a faith-based setting.
• Bilingual (English and Spanish) required.
• Some walking, standing, bending, and carrying light items up to 35 lbs.
• Driving an automobile may be occasionally required.
Approved - No