Job Opportunity Details
IT Service Desk Support Technician
Hiring Location: Business Office - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St., Dallas, TX 75232 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Associates Degree (Preferred)/ HS Diploma + 3+ yrs experience
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: No
General Summary of the Position
In this role as an IT Service Desk Support Technician, you are the face of IT support for the Roman Catholic Diocese Pastoral Center employees. You will receive and respond to emails, electronic tickets, and occasional calls from Pastoral Center employees working throughout the business who are experiencing IT related issues and require assistance. These issues can range from ordering toner to supporting IT equipment within the organization. You will be a valued member of the IT Operations team where most of the support issues will focus around Windows technologies, Dell Laptops/Desktops, Diocesan Mobile Devices, Account Access, and Applications. The ideal candidate will have experience supporting customers, troubleshooting over the phone, and providing a best-in-class employee experience. The majority of the work will be Monday through Friday during business hours with occasional work after hours and on weekends. We are looking for someone who collaborates well with other team members and brings positive energy to solving IT issues. We encourage employee growth, career development, and this role comes with opportunities to advance into more technical positions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Serves as the first point of contact for IT Operations and answers incoming support requests regarding hardware, software, or network issues in a timely manner; creates a ticket and documents issues through timely resolution
• Notifies direct IT leadership of recurring issues providing suggested process improvements
• Escalates to the appropriate level of support and/or management when necessary.
• Adheres to standards, policies, and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
• Demonstrates excellence in customer service skills, including patience, empathy, good listening and follow through. Utilizes general knowledge of services and departmental functions, along with experience and established triages (or other knowledge) to resolve routine issues or provide mini training sessions for users. May collaborate with more experienced colleagues as a team to resolve technical issues and follow the documented processes for escalation, when needed.
• Maintains confidentiality and privacy of employee and company sensitive data
• Manage and document level 1 service Incidents and Service Requests from report to resolution
• Contribute to the continuous process improvement of the Service Desk
• Updating the company website with tech tips and brief documents
• End user support for employee onboarding, transitions and terminations
• Installs new computer equipment and peripherals, including both hardware and software.
• Assists in training on use of equipment, software and internet capability.
• Serves as a resource to computer users. Researches solutions to technical issues.
• Serves as a resource for equipment malfunctions. Performs routine minor repairs on computer hardware.
• Serves as a resource for copier and printer installs as well as service needs.
• Maintains the printer toner inventory and places monthly orders.
• Maintains logon and passwords and other associated procedures that control accessibility to information.
• Installs software updates as needed.
• Maintains basic knowledge of hardware and software programs used by various offices.
• Other duties as assigned.
DO NOT REMOVE
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of the position may be changed at the sole discretion of the Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center.
The Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center reserves the right to modify this job description without notice to the employee. This job description is not a contract and does not alter the employee’s at-will employment status.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• High-level knowledge of commonly used software, hardware, and applications
• Strong oral communication skills to gather information from employees and explain complex technical concepts in simple language
• Demonstrated written communication skills to create useful support logs
• Analytical and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot and diagnose issues
• Time management skills to provide updates and fixes within a promised time frame
• Multitasking skills to assist multiple employees at once
• Observational skills to recognize warning signs that indicate potential problems
• Customer service skills to interact professionally and positively with employees and senior leadership
• Office 365 and Microsoft Office support experience
• Basic network troubleshooting (TCP/IP, LANS, WANS, Networking Equipment, etc.) and fault isolation
• Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, and Account support
• Proficiency in installation, use and support of Microsoft technology stack
• Ability to recognize, analyze, and effectively solve problems in a timely and organized manner using industry best practices and procedures.
• Ability to learn and adapt to changing needs and demands – willingness to self-train and develop
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Associates Degree, Certification or 3 years equivalent experience in related field
• 3+ years setup, configuration, troubleshooting of desktop/laptop hardware and software (Windows and Infrastructure technology stacks).
• 2 years of experience using a Remote Monitoring and Management software solutions
• 2 years of experience with a ticketing system, including knowledge base management and related configuration of the system
• General working knowledge of tablets, mobile devices, and telecommunications equipment
• Ability to work flexible hours with some evening and weekend work.
Physical Requirements Specific to the Job:
• Must be physically able to lift 40 pounds.
Name and Title: Erika Hernandez- Talent Acquisition Specialist
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes