Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Hiring Location: Bishop Dunne Catholic School - Catholic School
Address: 3900 Rugged Drive, Dallas, TX 75224 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: Monday - Friday Varied hours based on Routes
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: No
Bishop Dunne Catholic School is seeking two Part-time Bus Drivers.
Position #1: The part-time bus driver will work extra trips and routes, as needed, during the 2021-2022 school year. The position will be scheduled to work an average of 10-15 hours per week. This position is ideal for a person seeking a flexible schedule and able to commit to evening and weekend hours.
Position #2: The part-time bus driver will work school routes during the 2021-2022 school year. The position will be scheduled to work an average of 20-25 hours per week.
General Duties: Ensure safe and orderly transportation of students on assigned routes. Operate school bus that transports students and other authorized personnel to and from schools or other designated location.
• Follow assigned route and adhere to established schedules
• Drive bus to and from extracurricular activities
• Check bus for mechanical defects before and after each operation and notify supervisor of needed repairs
• Report all accidents, vehicle damage, student injuries, and mechanical failures and complete required reports
• Keep records on bus mileage, gas and oil consumption, and number of passengers transported
• Keep the assigned bus clean and fueled
• Supervise students while they board/leave the bus and cross the street
• Maintain discipline; report student discipline problems to appropriate administrator
• Instruct students on safe riding rules and regulations
• Observe all traffic laws and safety regulations for school buses
• Ensure proper condition of emergency equipment, such as first aid kid, body fluid kit, fire extinguisher, and reflectors
• Attend and complete required training program to maintain safety certification
• Maintain confidentiality
• Abide by all policies as outlined in the Catholic Schools Office Handbook of Policies and Procedures for Elementary and Secondary Schools and the BDCS Faculty and Staff Policies and Procedures.
• Complete all other duties as assigned by the President, Assistant Principal, and Transportation Manager
Experience and Education Required:
• High School Diploma
• Valid Texas commercial driver’s license (Class B) with P (Passenger) and S (School Bus) endorsements
• Minimum of 3-5 years bus driving experience preferred
• Must be 21 years of age
• Satisfactory driving record
• Willing to complete requirements for the following, if not previously satisfied
o Satisfactory results of a controlled substance test and criminal history check
o Satisfactory completion of a DOT physical
o Satisfactory completion of a bus driver safety course
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to manage student behavior
• Ability to operate the bus
Pay Rate: $20 per hour minimum. Rates vary based on the route.
All candidates must be able to pass background checks and comply with the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Program.
Qualified candidates, please send cover letter, resume, and proof of CDL license to Anna Lee Friesen, Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Name and Title: Anna Lee Friesen - Human Resources
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes