Job Opportunity Details
Director of Youth Ministry
Hiring Location: St. Gabriel Catholic Parish - Parish
Address: 110 St. Gabriel Way, McKinney, TX 75071 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Varies by season and program calendar
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
Pursuing our bold calling to make missionary disciples:
Situated in the growing suburb of McKinney, Texas, we have seen exponential growth in a short 26-year history (4000+ plus families). Our foundational roots built a culture of welcome, excellence, and stewardship that has nurtured the growth of many families who have harkened our door. However, as the decline of Christianity ramps in our post-modern world and the human longing for life’s deeper questions go unanswered, we feel compelled to respond boldly to our calling to make missionary disciples. We seek to radically build on our welcoming parish and strong youth ministry culture and more deliberately invite and lead people to a personal encounter with Jesus, the response to follow Him, and the intentional practices of discipleship.
Looking for an awesome opportunity to be part of something big? Join our dynamic (and fun) staff as a Director of Youth Ministry and be at the forefront of shaping the faith journeys of the next generation. We are seeking a forward-thinking, joyous, and passionate individual who is deeply rooted in Catholic teachings and values, and understands the unique challenges and opportunities facing today's youth. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who has a personal and authentic relationship with Jesus Christ, as it is through this relationship that we can truly inspire and guide young hearts to embrace the love, mercy, and purpose that only He can provide. With your visionary leadership, creative programming, and relationship-focused approach, you will ignite young people's hearts, helping them discover the richness and relevance of their Catholic faith in a rapidly changing world. This team role includes but is not limited to, the following: advocating for young people’s inclusion in wider parish participation and in parish strategies, management and support of two youth ministry staff, coordinating 8th grade youth nights, implementing our unique and purposeful Confirmation preparation model, and collaboration on strategic events that transition youth through grades.
Intended Outcomes from This Role:
• Youth will be invited to be open to participate in the discipleship journey in our Catholic tradition and encouraged to be strengthened on that journey through the sacraments.
• Youth will Belong to and engage in a Christian community and build meaningful relationships with peers and trusted adults to Encounter and experience the powerful love of Jesus.
• Youth will come to or be set on a path to Believe in the wisdom and practices of following Jesus and want to continually Grow in a relationship with God in the tradition and community of a Catholic parish.
• Youth will be nurtured to Become intentional missionary disciples of Christ and seek to Go serve those in need and want to invite others to experience the hope of Jesus in their communities and families.
• Families will be pastorally ministered to, empowered, and supported so that they can encourage their youth to live out their Catholic faith as disciples of Christ.
• The whole youth ministry team will be supported in each other’s ministry efforts.
• Under the supportive guidance of the Director of Ministry, serve as the motivational and encouraging leader to develop and implement a vision and strategy for youth ministry that aligns with the parish and wider church.
• Manage, support, and develop the youth ministry team; both formally and informally through regular 1:1 and team meetings; annual goal and performance planning, and ongoing collaboration and feedback.
• Coordinate 8th-grade youth nights. Recruit, train, and empower a team of adult volunteers to create and present engaging youth nights utilizing their personal gifts and talents. (Lifeteen Purpose and Edge Programs)
• Coordinate and further develop St. Gabriel’s unique “readiness” model of Confirmation Preparation, overseeing the wholistic process and curriculum, supporting sponsors and parents in their active role.
• Coordinate, plan, and lead our combined middle and high school summer camp.
• Provide spiritual and pastoral care to youth, parents, and volunteers through counseling and prayer.
• Ensure all our youth ministry age groups follow a systematic, intentional curriculum integrating age-appropriate kerygmatic catechesis and disciple-making experiences across middle school comprehensive ministry programming (youth nights, retreats, socials, service projects, etc.).
• Oversee ministry administrative tasks, budget, and calendaring; collaborate with other staff to ensure data and records are managed and recorded properly, and all follow safe environment and operational policies.
• Collaborate with other parish leaders and organizations to integrate young people into the broader life of the Catholic community, such as through participation in liturgy and justice & service programs.
• Collaborate with the youth ministry team to create effective marketing strategies for parish participation; communicate through email, web, bulletin, flyers, social media, and other relevant methods.
• Through relational ministry, be an authentic witness of Jesus and consistently invite youth and families deeper into the joyful journey of discipleship (inside and outside of youth nights).
• Build relationships with parents and families to support their role in fostering the faith development of their children; answer questions, encourage, and empower parents to fulfill their role as Catholic parents.
• Any other duties as assigned.
Key Knowledge and Skills:
• Genuine and personal faith as a Catholic follower of Jesus; called to witness and invite others to discipleship
• Talent as a leader; capable of providing clear direction and vision that inspires and motivates others
• Proficient at delegating tasks and responsibilities effectively; empowering others with support and guidance
• Manages conflict and challenges through active listening and resolves conflicts calmly, respectfully, and fairly
• Practical knowledge of the Catholic faith, adolescent development, and youth culture; have the ability to use language that communicates the beauty and truth of the faith that resonates with the young church of today
• Knowledge of current trends in youth ministry, willingness to innovate, flex, & create to meet changing needs
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; (written) experience with effectively communicating a message through graphic-driven emails, newsletters, and print flyers and (verbal) presentation and public speaking skills
• Pastoral, relatable, and sympathetic of various backgrounds and stages of faith; relatable to adults and youth
• Detail-oriented and well-organized; capable of administrative tasks of budgeting and record keeping
• Project and event management skills
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what is necessary to serve the parish and other staff when needed
• Enjoys collaboration and thrives in a team environment
• Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings based on programming
• Proficiency in Microsoft software products; ability to quickly learn and utilize technology and software
• Cross-cultural competency; Spanish speaking is a plus
Required Education and Experience:
• College degree or post-secondary courses
• Previous youth ministry and/or parish experience
Director of Youth Ministry Detailed Job Description
Name and Title: HR
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes