Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Hiring Location: Pastoral Center - Business Office - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St., Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: No
General Summary of the Position
The internal auditor is responsible for executing the Internal Audit activity to support implementation and execution of an annual Internal Audit Plan for Diocesan entities (e.g. parishes, parochial schools, etc.). Prepares and presents audit findings and recommendations, providing assurance of compliance with statutory requirements and policies and procedures, in line with IIA standards and the organization’s policies and procedures. The position reports to the Diocesan Director of Financial Reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Reports on compliance with generally accepted and/or established internal control procedures, practices, and Diocesan statutes / policies by examining financial and other related records, reports, operating practices, and supporting documentation.
• Verifies assets and liabilities by inspecting or comparing items to appropriate documentation.
• Reviews adequacy of internal control systems by completing audit questionnaires and/or by otherwise reviewing established procedures.
• Prepares written reports and audit work papers to document audit tests and findings. Written reports are reviewed by the Director of Financial Reporting, CFO, Bishops and entity governing boards (e.g. Parish Finance Councils, Board of Directors).
• Assists with audits or investigations of reported or suspected irregularities.
• Assists with facilitation of external audits of Diocesan entities as directed.
• Develops, analyzes and interprets accounting information in order to evaluate operating results in terms of fiscal soundness, operating effectiveness, performance against budget and donor restrictions
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of not-for-profit GAAP; accounting processes and best practices.
• Excellent writing skills. Must have ability to prepare internal audit reports and management letter points that can be easily understood by the end user.
• Working knowledge of QuickBooks preferred. Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word, Powerpoint and other Microsoft Office applications, including knowledge of v-look-ups, pivot tables and other mathematical functions in Excel.
• Good analytical skills.
• Good verbal communication skills.
• Organized and professional.
• Ability to maintain a good working relationship with coworkers and work collaboratively across departmental functions.
Education and Experience:
• A bachelor’s degree in Accounting with at least 3 years of accounting and auditing experience required. Experience in QuickBooks preferred
• At least 3 years of experience working with Excel and Microsoft Office applications required.
• A licensed CPA or candidate working towards a CPA preferred. Certified Internal Auditor is a substitute.
• Spanish language a plus.
• Catholic in good standing preferred; must be supportive of the mission of the Roman Catholic Church.
• Ability to work in a decentralized environment.
• Ability to travel to parish and school locations within the Diocese.
• Ability to work with individuals with a wide range of accounting knowledge and skills.
• The internal auditor will work directly with the Director of Financial Reporting who will assign areas to be audited or special projects. The internal auditor will perform the necessary procedures, have supporting documentation for recommendations and conclusions, and prepare internal audit reports.
Name and Title: Fred Villela, Director of Reporting & Internal Audits
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes