Hiring Location: St. Patrick Catholic Church - Parish
Address: 9643 Ferndale Rd., Dallas, TX 75238 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: No
General Summary of the Position
St. Patrick Catholic Church is seeking a Director of Operations to collaborate closely with the Pastor to ensure his vision for the parish is fulfilled. This position will be responsible for managing the overall functionality and operations of the parish; setting goals and objectives for the organization in collaboration with the Pastor, Parish Leadership Team (PLT) and Pastoral Council. The Director of Operations will play a vital role in establishing and fostering the most effective workplace culture for the parish staff to thrive. This role will ensure superior performance across all staff and key functions of the parish and provide direction and leadership within the organization. The ideal candidate possesses a servant’s heart and works to establish a parishioner focus that strives for continuous improvement and excellence.
This individual must possess a servant- leadership mindset, a tireless work ethic, strong business and management acumen, and operate with the highest degree of professionalism. In addition, the ideal candidate must be excited to be part of a strong Catholic community with a diverse culture and spiritual community and always look for new ways to engage the entire parish. This role will require a firm understanding of the vision and values of our Church and School. The Director of Operations will require a flexible work schedule which will include evenings and some weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
o Monitors day-to-day business operations.
o Designs and implements business strategies, plans and procedures and aligns staffing to meet the goals and objectives of the parish.
o Identifies and acts upon ways to improve work processes, enhance quality, productivity and service levels.
o Stays abreast of the latest developments, best practices and trends in parish life.
o Develops and maintains relationships with parish and diocesan leadership.
• Strategic Growth and Relationship Cultivation
o Leads development of long-term strategic plans, program development and quality of services.
o Carries out the strategic goals and objectives of the organization in collaboration with the Pastor.
o Provides direction and leadership toward the achievement of the organization’s mission, strategy, goals and objectives.
o Ensures that the parish collects, documents, evaluates and safely stores statistical data necessary for program evaluation, planning, justification and achievement of outcomes, including membership database, sacramental records, etc.
o Implements long-term strategies for parish that balance cost efficiencies and economies of scale with high levels of parishioner satisfaction
o Participates in expansion and development activities.
o Works with clergy, staff and ministry leaders to establish cohesive working relationships.
• Quality Assurance
o Ensures Catholic identity and brand consistency.
o Develops and oversees program quality and development by implementing policies and procedures appropriate for the culture and climate of the parish.
o Monitors the adherence to the policies and procedures of the organization
o Ensures parish assets are used efficiently and effectively in meeting the developed goals.
o Ensures the technology and software needs of the parish are met by collaborating with the Chief Information Technologist.
o Oversees insurance claims and directs subsequent projects through completion.
o Negotiates bids and contracts with suppliers and service companies in coordination with the Diocesan Purchasing Director to ensure best cost/quality scenarios.
o Works closely with Pastor and staff to streamline programs, optimize resources including staffing, and ensure optimum support and growth.
o Ensures continuing staff development through individual meetings, staff meetings, workshops, training seminars and other development and training activities.
o Resolves problems related to staffing, employee culture, and accountability to the mission of the parish.
o Oversees the implementation of employee benefits including insurance coverage, retirement plan, holiday schedule and payroll functions in accordance with Diocesan policies.
o Attends to the hiring, onboarding, promoting, training, supervision and exit strategy for staff.
o Maintains personnel files for all employees.
o With the guidance and direction of the Pastor and the support of the Diocesan Chief Human Resources Officer (as needed):
Develops and maintains current job descriptions for all parish staff.
Develops and maintains parish annual performance evaluation tool.
Ensures the performance review form parallels defined performance metrics (goals & objectives); conducts annual performance evaluations and follow-up conversations to departmental directors and administrative staff; participates in and ensures completion of all interdepartmental performance review forms and meetings/conversations.
Plans and administers the parish’s salary administration program including but not limited to: incorporation of performance evaluation results; recommendation of salary increase budget to the Pastor along with input from the Financial Director.
Develops and implements corrective action plans.
Maintains current organizational charts for each department.
Ensures adherence to all Diocesan and parish staff related policies and procedures.
o Assists Pastor to create, implement and maintain the development of the various ministries within the parish.
o Promotes coordination of activities among various ministries and staff; resolves issues concerning priorities and scheduling conflicts; ensures cross-functional communication and cooperation.
o Evaluates staff/ministry relationship structure; implements recommended changes.
o Meets regularly with the Pastor to discuss all matters of importance.
o Attends Parish Leadership Team (PLT) and Pastoral Council meetings and ensures projects arising from meetings are delegated and remain on task.
o Participates with the Finance Council, Building Committee, Stewardship Committee, Liturgy Committee and Fall Festival Committee; ensures communication of relevant information across organizational bodies; collaborates with and supports council/committee chairs to ensure outstanding issues are seen through to completion.
o Attends relevant Diocesan meetings.
o Performs other duties associated with the general responsibilities of this position and/or as assigned by the Pastor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be a Catholic in good standing.
• Must possess a servant-leadership mindset.
• Must maintain a positive, upbeat, self-starting, solutions-centered, “can-do” attitude.
• Must be adept at problem solving.
• Must understand the importance of the parishioners and the community served by St. Patrick Parish.
• Must have excellent customer service and diplomacy skills.
• Must be familiar with current Catholic and Dallas Diocese liturgy policies and procedures.
• Must be open and willing to continuing to learn and grow in knowledge and understanding of liturgy best practices.
• Must be able to thrive with minimal supervision.
• Must possess the ability to easily interact and relate with a wide assortment of personality types.
• Must have the ability to listen carefully and take direction well.
• Ability to manage time and prioritize accordingly.
• Must have excellent organization skills.
• Must have excellent presentation/public speaking skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
• Must have experience and solid working knowledge of business functions such as human resources, finance, marketing, etc.
• Has experience with business development/fundraising/donor cultivation strategic planning and implementation.
• Has a solid working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
• Must possess strong aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
• Must possess strong project management skills.
• Advanced MS Office experience, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel; Apple (iOS) platform experience beneficial.
• Responsible for other duties as assigned by Pastor.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related; Graduate or Professional degree strongly preferred.
• Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience.
• Knowledge of and commitment to Catholic teachings and practices.
• Proven computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Project Management Certification a plus.
• Must successfully pass background check and be Safe Environment clear through the Diocese.
• Job responsibilities frequently involve working beyond the regularly scheduled workdays and occasionally involve travel.
• Bilingual preferred but not required.
Name and Title: Holly Brown, Business Manager
How to submit resume: Email