Hiring Location: St. Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Community - McKinney - Parish
Address: 110 St. Gabriel Way, McKinney, TX 75071 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: TBD: Daytime Office hours, Some evening & weekend program hours
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: No
St. Gabriel’s is growing and ramping up our call to make and multiply missionary disciples. The Adult Ministry Programs Coordinator is a newly created position at St. Gabriel within a newly formed Adult Ministry office. This office serves these targeted life stage groups: Men, Women, Married Couples, Young Adults 21+, and Seniors 60+. The position plays a key role in creating and leading a working structure for small and mid-sized faith communities called Connect Groups. The Adult Ministry Programs Coordinator will share the vision of Connect Groups to existing fellowship groups and bible study leaders and guide these groups to discern if they would best fit in the Connect Group structure. The role will also coordinate our existing adult formation and fellowship initiatives and continue to explore what other comprehensive methods and content should be developed to serve the wholistic formational needs of adults in our parish.
Intended Outcomes from this role:
• Adults will Belong to and engage in a Christian Community, through intentional ecclesial communities called Connect Groups and fellowship groups.
• Adults will Be Formed in the wisdom and practices of following Jesus, with opportunity for foundational and deepening formation.
• The future Director of Adult Ministry will be supported to develop a comprehensive Adult Ministry, including an opportunity to support adults to Believe and grow in their relationship with Jesus and guided to form a lifestyle of missionary discipleship.
• Collaborate with others to create and coordinate a working structure and model for small and mid-sized faith communities, called Connect Groups.
• Lead Connect Groups by identifying, recruiting, training, and supporting leaders and establish a process for parishioners to join Connect Groups in the Discipleship Pathway.
• Share the vision of Connect Groups to existing fellowship groups and bible study leaders, and guide leaders to determine if they would best fit in the Connect Group structure.
• Develop adult study resource lists and content for easy access to high quality formation tools aligned with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church for use of Connect Groups.
• Coordinate volunteers in leading existing and new adult formation initiatives (Women’s Bible Study, Bible Timeline Study, etc)
• Serve as the centralized support for adult fellowship, social interest, and study group leaders, nurturing them toward continued mission alignment and guiding them to resources and parish processes.
• Coordinate the annual two-session adult Confirmation Preparation program.
• In collaboration with other offices, coordinate the annual parish mission, Lenten journey process, and other parish-wide seasonal formation efforts.
• Create and coordinate a new program series that provides a foundational overview of our Catholic faith. The series will repeat on a regular basis.
• In the future, contribute to development of a comprehensive adult formation pathway including additional programs that deepen faith.
• Serve as a link to the RCIA coordinator to ensure the RCIA process is seamlessly connected with adult ministry and parish initiatives.
• Over time, transition to serve as the staff support for the Christ Renews His Parish (Awakening Retreat) Continuation team.
• Serve as a link to connect Adult Ministry office with the various coordinators of our Marriage Preparation process and begin to guide a foundation for future development in this area.
• Collaborate with Children’s Ministry and Youth and Young Adult Ministry offices in developing and coordinating parent and family focused ministry initiatives.
Key Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written) to professionally communicate and represent the mission of the St. Gabriel community
• Excel at collaborating and building relationship bridges with others
• Skilled at teaching and leading others to an understanding of faith that elicits an actionable response
• Possess a creative spirit and motivated to explore new methods, models, and processes to further the Church’s expertise in the New Evangelization
• Knowledge, understanding, and the ability to explain the practical and pastoral application of Catholic doctrine and beliefs as presented in the documents of Vatican Council II, the Catechism of the Catholic Church and other relevant Church and Catechetical Documents.
• Active in the Roman Catholic faith and commitment to function in a manner consistent with the mission of the Roman Catholic Church
• Intuitive at identifying the root of a complex problem and creating a solution to the cause rather than the visual symptoms
• Project or program management skills; able to prioritize complex and related tasks, while being relational with others
• Exercise discernment and maturity, reflecting a Godly spirit; relates well with others
• Embrace a strong work ethic, working well with minimal direction
• Proficiency in Microsoft software products
Name and Title: Hiring Manager
How to submit resume: Email