The Catholic Schools Office invites all faculty, staff, and school families to virtually join us on Thursday, April 30, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. for a bilingual Mass celebrated by Bishop Edward J. Burns and Bishop Greg Kelly. This Mass is dedicated to all parents, students, and educators during this time of distance learning. Present for the live stream will be Dr. Matt Vereecke, Superintendent of Catholic Schools and Dr. Veronica Alonzo, Associate Superintendent of Catholic Schools to deliver a special message.
We ask for the intercession of St. Anne and St. Joaquim, parents of the Virgin Mary, for our educators and parents especially during this time in which we are called now more than ever to be the primary educators of our children and the domestic church. We also ask for the intercession of the Virgin Mary for our students, that they have the obedient heart of Mary, eager to learn and listen to their parents and educators. The Mass will be available to watch online at csodallas.org/mass, or watch on Facebook Live by Liking our Facebook page at facebook.com/csodallas.
Resources and Ideas to Promote Participation
Other Ideas (Incorporate for parents instead of grandparents)
Student Project Ideas to Promote Participation (Written or Video Recorded)
- Compose a prayer to St. Anne & St. Joaquim for your parents and/or teachers.
- Compose a prayer to the Virgin Mary for yourself and/or other students.
- Letters of gratitude to your parents and/or teachers.
- Art Projects –Draw or Paint a picture of the Blessed Virgin Mary and her parents, St. Anne and St. Joachim
- Take pictures of students and family watching the Dedication Mass. Pictures in their school uniform encouraged.
- Write a paragraph explaining what you liked most about the Dedication Mass.
Student Project Recognition
Schools are encouraged to select 2 student projects and send to the Catholics Schools Office to receive a signed certificate from the Superintendents and to be considered for recognition on our social media sites. Be sure to include the students first name and grade level. Deadline for submissions is Wednesday, May 6th at 10:00 a.m. Send to Subject Line: Dedication Mass Projects from <<SCHOOL NAME>>
For more information contact Nely Alcaine, Coordinator of School and Community Partnerships, .