Catholic Diocese of Dallas Communicators Conference
Thursday, August 29, 2019
9:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Cathedral Guadalupe - Downtown Dallas
Registration for the conference is now closed.
If you need to change your RSVP or have any other questions, please contact Lorena Gonzalez at 214-379-2876.
Come meet our staff members and connect with your fellow communicators from around the Diocese during this informative event!
Do you know ...
- The best ways to spread the good news about what’s going on at your parish, school or entity?
- How to get a story in The Texas Catholic, Revista Catolica, the Dallas Morning News or local newscasts?
- How to take full advantage of the Community Calendar, Pastoral Center News and Clergy Newsletter?
- The importance of first-line communicators - secretaries, receptionists, and other on-site staff - to the image of your church or school?
- How to communicate when the news is not so good?
Let us help you!
The Office of Communications and The Texas Catholic will offer the answers to these questions and more at this important conference.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved with parish & school communications, including:
- Communications Directors
- Development Officers
- Website Content Managers
- Social Media Managers
- Parish Secretaries and Receptionists
- Interested Priests and Deacons
Annette Gonzales Taylor
Director of Communications for the Diocese of Dallas
Editor of the Texas Catholic newspaper
Plus other Diocese Communications staff such as Cynthia Bates, Santos Martinez, and Dora Lopez
9:30 a.m. - Mass for Communicators celebrated in Cathedral Guadalupe Church by Bishop Edward J. Burns
10:15 a.m. - Sign-in, Refreshments and networking in Gran Salon
10:30 a.m. - Morning Sessions begins
12:30 p.m. - Lunch and Networking
1:30 p.m. - Afternoon Session begins
3:00 p.m. - Conference ends