All parishes, schools and approved Catholic organizations are encouraged to be a partner on the Catholic Community Calendar.
Please complete the form below to submit an event for the Catholic Community Calendar for the Catholic Diocese of Dallas. For any questions, please contact Michael Gresham via email at .
Complete el formulario siguiente para agregar un evento al Calendario Comunitario de la Diócesis Católica de Dallas. Si tiene alguna pregunta envíe un correo electrónico a Michael Gresham a .
Calendar Event Submission Form
Formulario para Agregar Evento
* Indicates required field
Please submit information in both English and Spanish when possible.
Presione en los enlaces en verde para sugerir un evento para el calendario en español (https://www.cathdal.org/calendar-es).
De ser posible, envíe la información del evento en inglés y en español.
Form Instructions and Frequently Asked Questions
What entities can suggest events to the calendar?
Who can submit events for the calendar?
Entity staff and volunteers with approval from a senior administrator can submit events for addition to the calendar. Multiple representatives from a single entity may submit events for the entity as long as they are official representatives of the entity, either as staff or as a volunteer with approval from a senior administrator.
What events should be suggested for the calendar?
Large events that could affect multiple parishes or entities are the primary focus of this calendar. Some examples of the types of events that would be appropriate for the calendar are:
• Bishop's Award for Service to the Diocese
• Dallas Ministry Conference
• High School Graduations
• Pro-Life Mass and March in downtown Dallas
• Diocese-wide Masses for a particular demographic (Red Mass, Gold and Silver Mass, Mass of Remembrance, etc.)
• Large school galas and fundraisers (Friar Frenzy 5K and Fun Run, John Paul II Legacy Gala and Auction, etc.)
• Large entity galas and fundraisers (Spes Gregis Dinner for Holy Trinity Seminary, Catholic Charities Gala, etc.)
• Parish retreats, workshops or missions featuring high-profile speakers that are open to all in the diocese
Examples of events that would not be listed on the calendar:
• Small diocesan, parish or organization workshops or classes
• Small parish and school fundraisers (Bake Sales, Knights of Columbus Parish Pancake Breakfasts, etc.)
• Sporting Events (football games, etc.)
• Parish-focused speaker events
• Non-Parish Based Organization events (unless co-sponsored by diocese or a Mass is celebrated by a bishop)
• Large liturgical events celebrated at a parish level (Stations of the Cross, etc.)
• Weekly or monthly recurring parish, school or organization events (Guadalupe Novena, Luncheon Lenten Missions, etc.)
When can an event be listed on the calendar?
Entities and organizations can submit events as soon as they have been approved by the senior administrator for the entity or organization. For example, a high school Gala planning committee may save the date for the main gala for both 2018 and 2019. Those dates can be entered into the calendar as soon as they are approved by the principal.
Please do not suggest events that are only in the planning stages, are still tentatively scheduled, or that have not been formally approved by the senior administrator for the entity or organization.
What information is required to list event on the calendar?
Please include all information requested in the form, including:
• Event Name (limit to 140 characters)
• Start date and time / End date and time
• Event details (limit to 300 characters)
• Sponsor (if different from entity)
• Event Type
• Location Name and Address
• Event Chairperson Name and Email (if applicable)
• Event Contact Person and Phone/Email
• Event flyer PDF
• Event website
• Submitter Name and Email
• Senior Administrator Name and Email
Please use an official email when available, such as a parish or school issued email with the domain of the organization (email@example.com, etc.).
Senior Administrator Information
Please list the full name and direct email for the senior administrator at your parish, school or organization who has approved the event being listed on the Catholic Community Calendar so that we may notify them when the event is posted. This would include:
• Parishes: Pastor, Pastoral Administrator, Rector
• Schools and Seminaries/Colleges/Universities: Principal, President, Dean, Rector
• Pastoral Center: Senior Staff member for department
• Other Organizations: President, CEO, C-Level, VP or Senior Manager at location or in regional organization
How do I submit a multi-day event?
Make a note in the "Details" field that gives an indication that it is a multi-day event and where to find the information, such as: "See dates and times for [DCYC/ Dallas Ministry Conference, etc.], a multi-day event, on the event flyer or at the event website."
How many events can be on a calendar for each entity?
All events that meet the criteria and have been approved for posting to the calendar can be listed at the same time.
What is the approval process for an event?
Communications Office Review
Once the event has been submitted, the information will be forwarded to the Office of Communications for the Catholic Diocese of Dallas. The Communications Office will then review the content and edit for clarity if needed. Depeding on the workload of the department staff, this process could take 24 hours or more. The Communications Office may also contact the original submitter for clarification of submitted information.
Once approved, confirmation will be emailed to the submitter as well as the Senior Administrator for the entity.
Who do I contact to change information in a posted event or delete an event?
Contact Santos Martinez via email at to modify or delete an approved or posted event in the calendar. Make sure to include the link (URL) to the event that you need modified or deleted as well as all information relevant to the change needed.