305 Liturgy and Sacraments
This course constitutes a fabulous introduction to the history, theology, and practice of the sacraments and their celebration in the Catholic Church. As believers, we need to be aware of the historical development and pastoral practice of these ritual celebrations. At the same time, we need to know what the Church teaches and celebrates around these channels of grace or God’s self- revelation to us.
- Understand that Liturgy is the work of the people
- Describe the four major movements of the Eucharistic Liturgy: Gathering Rite, Liturgy of the Word, Liturgy of the Eucharist, Concluding Rite
- Identify Scriptures as basic to Liturgy
- Classify the sacraments of Initiation, Service, and Healing
- Understand the sacraments as encounters with Christ and others
- Understand Jesus as the sacrament of God, and the Church as His sacrament in the world
- Explain the Liturgy of the Hours, the Liturgical Year, Sacred Art, Sacred Music, and Sacred Space
See available classes and select date of class you wish to attend below. If no date is visible, no classes are currently being offered.