507 Church Documents
All adults are welcome!
507. Church Documents
This course will expose the participants to the main teachings of the Church in relation to Liturgy; Divine Revelation; Mystery, Communion, and Mission of the Church; Ecumenical Dialogue and Religious Liberty; Priestly, Religious and Lay vocations in the life of the Church; as well as Social Media, as stated in the Second Vatican Council documents.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand what Vatican II meant by “bringing up to date”
- Identify the changes in Liturgy as expressed in Sacrosanctum Concilium
- Describe the communion and mission of the Church
- Understand how to approach Sacred Scripture
- Distinguish among the different vocations of the people of God
- Understand the importance of unity among Christians
- Describe what the Council stated about religious freedom
- Understand the impact of Social Media in the catechetical and evangelizing field