307 Prayer and Spirituality
307. Prayer and Spirituality. This course explores our relationship with the living God, which we call prayer. God continuously calls, we respond. Our Christian spirituality is centered in Jesus Christ and guided by the Holy Spirit. It is also modeled by the acceptance of Mary to the call of God, the Our Father and its seven petitions revealing the heart of the Gospel, and the Eucharist as the prayer of the community.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the dynamics of prayer: listening and responding to God’s call
- Identify different types of prayer
- Understand prayer as an important aspect of our spiritual life
- Understand that prayer is shaped by Sacred Scripture and by the life of the community of faith
- Recognize the Holy Spirit as the source of our response to the call of God
- Recognize the key aspects of the spiritual life: prayer, service, and ascetism
- Understand the process to develop a personal spirituality
- Recognize the different types of spirituality
- Recognize the tradition of discernment within the Catholic Christian spiritual tradition
This is a course of 10 hours.