Engaged, married or just thinking about it? You're on a remarkable journey.
Catholic Diocese of Dallas Marriage Preparation Guidelines
- Couple to contact parish six months or more prior to desired wedding or validation date in order to determine freedom to marry, begin a marriage preparation process and complete necessary pre-nuptial paperwork.
- Engaged couple is required to complete and process the FOCCUS instrument, participate in and complete a diocesan approved preparation such as a parish-based mentor couple process or engaged encounter experience. Couple also required to participate in and complete any additional education, skill-building process or workshop required by the parish.
- Civilly married couple is required to participate in and complete a diocesan approved validation preparation process which includes the REFOCCUS instrument.
- Parishes are expected to minister to a couple who resides in parish boundaries.
Marriage is a vocation; a call to holiness. Our purpose and goal is to offer important information needed in regards to your upcoming marriage in the Catholic Church.
- Engaged Couples Checklist (PDF) - Requirements for engaged couples seeking marriage in the Catholic Diocese of Dallas, including document requirements, parish-related requirements, and class completion list.
Living Your Marriage as a Sacrament workshop is a diocesan requirement if you are married outside the auspices of the Catholic Church, civilly married for more than one year, or in a common-law marriage and wish to have their marriage validated.
Additional Marriage Resources
Marriage is about rediscovering, revitalizing and enriching your love for each other. Whether you are married 1 year or 50 years the websites listed below provide a wealth of information on caring for your marriage.
Please Note: Links to other websites are included for the users' convenience and do not constitute an endorsement of the material on these sites, or any associated services.