The mission of the Office of Mission Awareness/Justice and Peace is to teach and promote the Gospel mandate to communicate the Good News and to awaken the missionary vocation in the faithful who are first called to mission through Baptism. It is, also, to teach, communicate and advocate concerning the themes of Catholic Social Tradition which are based on the universal principles of the dignity of the human person, the common good, subsidiarity and solidarity.
Key Themes of Catholic Social Teaching
- Life and Dignity of the Human Person
- Call to Family, Unity and Participation
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Option for the Poor and Vulnerable
- Dignity of Work and the Worker
- Care of God’s Creation
Diocesan Director: Catholic Charities
(1) Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace, Compendium of the Social Doctrine of the Church, Libreria Editrice Vaticana and United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, 2004. p. 71.
(2) Quoted from Seven Key Themes of Catholic Social Teaching, USCCB, with permission.