Disabilities and Deaf Ministries
The mission for the Ministry to Persons with Disabilities and Caregivers to the Deaf is to provide a spiritual and physical environment in every parish within the diocese, to allow those person with disabilities and caregivers to participate as fully as possible in the life of the church.
Disabilities Ministry board on Pinterest - http://www.pinterest.com/dallascath
- New! "A Place for All" Registration
- New! Special Mass for Persons with Disabilities and Caregivers - June 22, St. Jude Allen
- History of Disabilities and Deaf Ministries
- Parish Ministries for Persons with Disabilities and Caregivers
- Resources for Developmentally Disabled Individuals
Masses for Persons with Disabilities
A Mass for Persons with Disabilities and Caregivers is given approximately every six months. The date and location of the Mass will be announced in parish bulletins prior to the Mass.
Days of Retreat
A Day of Retreat or Day of Recollection is given in the Diocese every six months. The location, retreat director and theme of the retreat is selected and announced prior to the event.
Medical Equiment Program
The Diocese of Dallas Disabilities Ministry has specialized medical equipment available for use by parishioners who are in need. If you wish to donate medical equipment or are in need of medical equipment please call the Diocese of Dallas Medical Equipment Program at 214-379-3175.
Catechetical Program in Sign Language
The Department of Catechetical Servcices and the Disabilities Ministry sponsor a sacramental preparation program in sign language. One program is held at 10:00 a.m., on Sundays (September through May) at St. Thomas Aquinas Upper School for First Eucharist and First Reconciliation Preparation. Another program is held at 5:00 p.m., on Sundays (September through May) at St. Thomas Aquinas Lower School for Confirmation Preparation. Please call Melissa Waldon at 214-379-2895 for more information or to register your child.
- Emotional and Moral Support
- Inclusion in Liturgical Functions
- Inclusion in Parish Organizations
- Social and Recreational Activities both for Caregivers and Persons with Disabilities
- Resource information for persons with mental illness
Disability and Deaf Ministries Contacts:
|John Aust||Co-Coordinator of Disabilities Ministries||(214) 379-2866|
|Melissa Waldon||Co-Coordinator of Disabilities Ministries||(214) 379-2895|